Brig. Gen. Jennie R. Johnson is the Commander at Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado. She is responsible for personnel support to nearly 1.3 million Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, active duty Air Force and retired members, ensuring they are ready to deliver strategic Total Force war fighting capability for the Air Force. From initial entry to retirement, the center provides world-class support for "Generations of Airmen" throughout their military careers.
Brig. Gen. Johnson entered the Air Force through the Direct Appointment Program in September 1994. After an assignment as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, she attended Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training to become a C-130 Navigator. She entered the United States Air Force Reserve in 2003 after nine years on active duty. Since then, she has held leadership positions at the squadron, group and wing levels and had staff duty at the Numbered Air Force and Air Staff levels. During her most recent deployment, she served as the Director of Mobility Forces, Air Force Central Command.
Prior to her current position, Brig. Gen. Johnson held the position of Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 618th Air Operations Center, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. In her civilian capacity, she has served corporate clients for 17 years at one of the four largest professional services networks in the world.
1991 Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Southern Methodist University, Dallas
1994 Juris Doctor, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Va.
1994 Judge Advocate General School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 Masters of Law in Taxation, University of Denver
2006 Staff Judge Advocate Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2014 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2014 Safety and Accident Investigation Board President Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Director of Mobility Forces (DIRMOBFOR) Course, Hurlburt AFB, Fla.
2018 NATO Senior Officer Policy Course, NATO School Oberammergau, Germany
2019 Transnational Issues Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2021 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. December 1994–August 1996, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 374th Airlift Wing, Yokota Air Base, Japan
2. August 1996–February 1997, Student, VT-4 Pensacola Naval Air Station, Fla.
3. February 1997–June 1998, Student, 562th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
4. June 1998–June 2001, C-130 Instructor Navigator/Flight Commander, 2nd Airlift Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
5. June 2001–September 2003, Chief, Joint Exercise Control/C-130 Instructor Navigator, USAF Mobility Weapons School, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
6. September 2003–January 2005, C-130 Navigator, 731st Airlift Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
7. January 2005–January 2006, Deputy Staff Judge Advocate, 302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. January 2006–May 2008, Staff Judge Advocate, 302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. May 2008–August 2010, Chief, Operations Plans, 302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. August 2010–May 2012, Commander, 302nd Operational Support Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. May 2012–September 2013, Deputy Commander, 22nd AF Detachment 1, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
12. October 2013–April 2015, Vice Commander, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (November 2013– February 2014, Commander, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.)
13. April 2015–November 2015, Chief, Total Force Enterprise Division and Chief of Staff, Total Force Continuum Directorate of Strategic Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. November 2015–May 2017, Chief of Staff, 22nd Air Force, Air Force Reserve Command, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
15. May 2017–June 2019, Wing Commander, 403rd Wing, Keesler AFB, Miss. (March-July 2018, Director of Mobility Forces, Air Force Central Command, Al-Udeid AB, Qatar)
16. June 2019–May 2021, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 618th Air Operations Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
17. May 2021–present, Commander, HQ Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Space Force Base, Colo.
Rating: command navigator
Flight Hours: more than 1,500
Aircraft Flown: C-130E, C-130H2, C-130H3, and WC-130J
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant Sept. 28, 1994
Captain March 28, 1995
Major Feb. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 1, 2007
Colonel May 24, 2012
Brigadier General Feb. 25, 2021
(Current as of June 2021)