Brig. Gen. (Dr.) Robert Bogart is the Command Surgeon, Headquarters Air Combat Command at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. He delivers seamless support to Combatant Commander Ground Medical requirements in support of Global Force Management and Ground Medical capability. He organizes, trains, equips and sustains combat-ready medical forces for rapid deployment and employment. He is responsible to the ACC Commander for the wartime readiness of over 94,000 active duty and civilian personnel located at eleven ACC installations, AFCENT locations and more than 300 operating locations worldwide. He is also responsible for the oversight and delivery of $617 million in Ground Medical War Reserve Materiel and $84 million in worldwide Installation Medical All Hazards Response materiel as well as training and equipping 40,000 personnel in Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives defense. Additionally, as the Assistant Surgeon General for Dental Services, he provides policy and operational advice to the Air Force Surgeon General on matters involving the dental practice of 900 dentists and 2,500 technicians.
Prior to his current assignment, Brig. Gen. Bogart was the Command Surgeon for Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He was charged with promoting the health and well-being of more than 80,000 military and civilian personnel, implementing safe, high quality healthcare services, and leading execution of the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s medical policies and programs for seven military treatment facilities and the 711th Human Performance Wing. He ensured 5,600 medical personnel were ready to deploy and able to provide robust medical contingency response while supporting more than 376,000 TRICARE and Department of Veterans Affairs beneficiaries.
1987 Associate of Arts, Manatee Community College, Bradenton, Fla.
1989 Bachelor of Arts, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
1997 Doctor of Dental Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Ga.
1998 Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2002 Comprehensive General Dental Residency, Lackland AFB, Texas
2002 Hyperbaric Training Course and Hyperbaric Care Action Team Training, Brooks AFB, Texas
2004 Fellowship Hospital Dentistry, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Healthcare Management Seminar for Military Health System Leaders (JMESI), San Antonio, Texas
2009 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, San Antonio, Texas
2013 Interagency Institute for Federal Health Care Executives, Washington, D.C.
2016 Air War College, Master of Strategic Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 MHS Executive Skills CAPSTONE Symposium (JMESI), Washington, D.C.
2018 Medical Strategic Leadership Program Course, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
1. August 1997–August 1998, AEGD-1 Resident, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2. August 1998–May 2000, General Dentist, Cannon AFB, N.M.
3. July 2000–June 2002, AEGD-2 Resident, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. June 2002–June 2004, Fellow, Hospital Dentistry Fellowship, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. July 2004–April 2005, Deputy Director AEGD-1, Chief of Hospital Dentistry, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. May 2005–September 2005, EMEDS OIC & Dental Officer, 386th Expeditionary Medical Group Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait
7. October 2005–July 2006, Deputy Director AEGD-1, Chief of Hospital Dentistry, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. July 2006–June 2009, Deputy, Dental Utilization Branch Chief, HQ AFPC/DPAMD Randolph AFB, Texas
9. June 2009–May 2011, Commander, 377th Dental Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. May 2011–June 2013, Chief Dental Program Management, AFMOA, Joint Base San Antonio-Kelly Annex, Texas
11. June 2013–July 2015, Commander, 7th Medical Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
12. July 2015–May 2016, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. June 2016–June 2017, Special Assistant to the AF/SG for MHS Governance, DHHQ, Va.
14. July 2017–July 2019, Commander, 59th Medical Operations Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
15. July 2019–August 2020, Deputy Command Surgeon HQ AMC, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. August 2020–May 2021, Command Surgeon HQ AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. May 2021–present, Command Surgeon HQ ACC, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor device and two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Diplomat, Federal Services Board of General Dentistry
Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry
Fellow, American Board of General Dentistry
Fellow, American Association of Hospital Dentists
Fellow, American College of Dentists
Fellow, International College of Dentists
Member, American Dental Association
Member, Special Care Dentistry Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Captain June 1997
Major June 2003
Lieutenant Colonel May 2008
Colonel May 2013
Brigadier General June 2021
(Current as of November 2021)