Brig. Gen. Brandon D. Parker is the Chief of Staff, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. He is responsible for the development of plans, policies, and procedures to ensure efficient operation of the Headquarters PACAF staff and the seamless interface with subordinate commands and agencies.
Brig. Gen. Parker is a 1996 graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. Prior to becoming Chief of Staff, he deployed as Chief of Staff, Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve, Union III Iraq. Brig. Gen. Parker commanded the 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas, and served as Vice Commander of the 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana. He also commanded the 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, North Dakota. His staff assignments included duty as an Executive Officer to the Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force, Director of Air Force Colonels Management, and as a Joint Planning Officer at Headquarters U.S. Strategic Command, Plans and Policy Directorate. Brig. Gen. Parker also deployed in support of operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. He is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Weapons School, the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Air Command and Staff College, and he served as a National Defense Fellow at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. Brig. Gen. Parker is a command pilot with more than 2,800 hours in bomber aircraft and more than 380 combat hours.
1996 Bachelor of Science, Psychology, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev., and Barksdale AFB, La.
2007 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2008 Master of Military Art & Science, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Master of Airpower Art & Science, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 2010 Joint Forces Staff College, Joint Professional Military Education II, Norfolk, Va.
2012 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 National Defense Fellow, Belfer Center, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2021 Combined Joint Force Land Component Course, Army War College, Carlisle, Pa.
1. January 1997–February 1998, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
2. March 1998–September 1998, Student, B-52 Initial Qualification Training, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. October 1998–July 2004, Standardization/Evaluation Pilot, Short Range Flight Scheduler, Weapons and Tactics Instructor Pilot, and Standardization/Evaluation Flight Commander, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
4. August 2004–July 2006, Formal Training Unit Weapons Officer, Flight Commander, 11th BS, Barksdale AFB, La.
5. August 2006–July 2007, Assistant Director of Operations, 2nd Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. August 2007–June 2008, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 2003919858–May 2009, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2009–April 2011, Joint Plans Officer/Strategist, Headquarters U.S. Strategic Command/J5, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. May 2011–July 2012, Assistant Executive Officer to the Air Force Chief of Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
10. August 2012–June 2014, Commander, 23rd BS, Minot AFB, N.D.
11. July 2014–June 2015, Fellow, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
12. July 2015–July 2017, Vice Commander, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
13. August 2017–June 2019, Commander, 7th BW, Dyess AFB, Texas
14. July 2019–April 2021, Director, Air Force Colonels Management Office, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
15. May 2021–June 2022, Chief of Staff, Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve, Union III, Iraq
16. July 2022–present, Chief of Staff, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2009–April 2011, Joint Plans Officer/Strategist, Headquarters U.S. Strategic Command/J5, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb., as a lieutenant colonel
2. May 2021–June 2022, Chief of Staff, Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve, Union III, Iraq, as a brigadier general
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: more than 3,000
Aircraft Flown: B-1B, B-52H, T-37B and T-38A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
(Current as of August 2022)