Brig. Gen. Regina A. Sabric is the Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. In this capacity, she is responsible to the Secretary of the Air Force and the Chief of Staff for formulating policy supporting air, space, cyberspace, irregular warfare, counter-proliferation, homeland security and weather operations.
Brig. Gen. Sabric entered the Air Force through Oﬃcer Training School in 1996 after graduating from Penn State University with a degree in aerospace engineering. She was on active duty prior to joining the Air Force Reserve in 2011. Brig. Gen. Sabric served in variety of staff and ﬂying assignments in the F-15E, F-16, F-35, MQ-9 and C-146.
Brig. Gen. Sabric is a command pilot who has ﬂown combat and combat support missions in operations Allied Force and Enduring Freedom and has served multiple times in operations Iraqi Freedom and Noble Eagle. She has held numerous leadership and command positions, most recently as the Deputy Director of Operations at United States Southern Command.
1995 Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, Pa.
2003 Squadron Oﬃcer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Master of National Security Studies, American Military University, Charles Town, W.Va.
2009 Flight Safety Oﬃcer School, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2015 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Naval Air Station Norfolk, Va.
2016 Theater Security Decision Making, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2019 NATO Senior Oﬃcer Policy Course, Oberammergau, Germany
2021 NATO Senior Reserve Oﬃcer Course, Oberammergau, Germany
2021 Senior Leader Security Seminar, King George, Va.
2022 Enterprise Senior Leader Seminar, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. November 1995–September 1997, Student, Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla.
2. September 1997–February 1999, Student, F-15E FTU, 333rd Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, N.C.
3. February 1999–June 2000, F-15E Weapons System Oﬃcer, 494th FS, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, United Kingdom
4. June 2000–July 2001, Student, Euro NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. July 2001–November 2002, Student, F-16 Formal Training Unit, 309th FS, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. November 2002–September 2005, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, and Weapons Oﬃcer, 79th FS and 20th Operational Support Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
7. September 2005–June 2008, F-16 FTU IP, Assistant Director of Operations, Chief of Safety, and Block 50 Program Manager, 309th FS, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. June 2008–July 2011, Operations Oﬃcer and F-16 IP, 507th Air Defense Aggressor Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. July 2011–May 2013, Commander and MQ-9 IP/T-38 Pilot, 44th Fighter Group Detachment 1, Holloman AFB, N.M.
10. May 2013–April 2014, Deputy Group Commander and MQ-9 IP/T-38 Pilot, 44th FG, Holloman AFB, N.M.
11. April 2014–July 2015, Acting Division Chief/Total Force Continuum Strategist, Total Force Enterprise Division and Total Force Continuum, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, A5/8 - Strategic Plans and Programs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. July 2015–June 2016, Chief, Combat Air Forces Requirements, HAF, Reserve Programs and Requirements, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. June 2016–April 2018, Commander, 919th Special Operations Group, Duke Field, Fla
14. April 2018–April 2020, Commander, 419th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
15. April 2020–May 2022, Deputy Director of Operations, U.S. Southern Command, Miami, Fla.
16. June 2022–present, Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air and Space Overseas Service Ribbon Long
Air and Space Longevity Service Award with silver and two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two hourglass devices
Air and Space Training Ribbon
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2,730
Aircraft ﬂown: F-15E, F-16, MQ-9, C-146A and F-35A
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant March 15, 1996
First Lieutenant March 15, 1998
Captain March 15, 2000
Major March 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2011
Colonel June 10, 2016
Brigadier General Feb. 25, 2021
(Current as of December 2022)