Ms. Kimberly J. Keck, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Financial Management, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As the command's chief financial civilian, she is responsible for the financial planning and fiscal execution of more than 35% of the Air Force appropriated budget, to include the Air Force's research, development, test, acquisition and sustainment programs.
Ms. Keck serves as Deputy Principal Financial Adviser to the AFMC Commander and is responsible for identifying funding requirements, building the command's budgets, administering the Air Force Working Capital Fund and executing AFMC's annual budget program of more than $60 billion; and providing military, civilian and contractor pay service to some 80,000 personnel. She also oversees more than 3,000 professional financial managers providing vital services supporting the command's units worldwide, including ten major bases.
Ms. Keck entered federal civil service in 1989 as a Financial Management trainee at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. She held various positions at the Aeronautical Force for Financial Management and Budget at the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia, and was the Chief of Revolving Funds and subsequently the Chief of Centralized Programs at AFMC. In 2011, she moved to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center where she held two Directorate Chief Financial Officer positions before being selected in 2019 as the Comptroller of the Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, Bowling Green State University, Ohio
1991 Master of Business Administration, Wright State University, Ohio
2001 Professional Military Comptroller School, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2012 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2019 Excellence in Government Fellow, Partnership for Public Service, Washington D.C.
1. 1989-1998, Various Assignments, Aeronautical Systems Division, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2. 1998-2003, Branch Chief, Revolving Funds Division, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
3. 2003-2005, Chief, Revolving Funds Division, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. 2005-2011, Chief, Centralized Programs Budget Division, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. 2011-2016, Chief Financial Officer, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Special Operations Forces
6. Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. 2016-2020, Chief Financial Officer, Fighters and Bombers Directorate, AFLCMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. 2020-2021, Comptroller, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 2021-present, Deputy Director, Financial Management & Comptroller, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
2003 Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2008 Air Force Materiel Command Commander’s Award of Excellence
2010 Office of the Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) Award for Innovations in Financial Management Processes
2015 Air Force Life Cycle Management Center Charles W. Adams Comptrollership Award
Department of Defense Financial Management Certification, Level III
Certified Defense Financial Manager
Acquisition Professional Development Program Business, Cost Estimating, and Financial Management, Level III with Acquisition emphasis
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Member, American Society of Military Comptrollers
(Current as of April 2022)