Brig. Gen. Jon A. Eberlan is the Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. As the Commander, he serves a world-class workforce of more than 7,200 personnel. The complex performs programmed depot maintenance and modification on all variants of the F-15, C-130, C-5, C-17 and special operations forces aircraft as well as the RQ-4, E-8C, and TH-1H. Additionally, he is responsible for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of diverse aircraft components, avionics and electronic warfare equipment along with development and sustainment of mission-critical software, test program sets, and automated test equipment.
Brig. Gen. Eberlan enlisted in the Air Force in 1990 and earned his commission as a distinguished graduate of Officer Training School in August 1998. Brig. Gen. Eberlan has commanded at the squadron, group and wing levels. He has also served in key major command, Air Staff and joint duty positions.
1997 Bachelor of Science, Business Management with Distinction, Park College, Parkville, Mo.
2004 Master of Science, Logistics Management, Distinguished Graduate, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2004 Squadron Officer School, Top-third Graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Advanced Program in Logistics and Technology, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2016 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, Distinguished Graduate, Dwight D. Eisenhower School, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2017 Depot & Arsenal Executive Leadership Program, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2017 Executive Champion Lean Six Sigma Certification, College of Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh
2021 Military Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations, New York City, N.Y.
1. August 1998–November 1998, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2. November 1998–June 2000, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 42nd Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
3. June 2000–May 2001, Fabrication Flight Commander, 355th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. May 200– August 2002, Maintenance Supervisor, 355th Component Repair Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. August 2002–March 2004, Student, Graduate Program for Logistics Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. April 2004–August 2004, Deputy Chief, Site Activation Task Force Programs, Logistics Plans Branch, Logistics Readiness Division, Directorate of Maintenance and Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
7. August 2004–August 2005, Chief, Maintenance Analysis Branch, Assessments Division, Directorate of Maintenance and Logistics, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
8. August 2005–August 2006, Executive Officer to the Director of Logistics, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
9. August 2006–July 2008, Maintenance Operations Officer, 4th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
10. July 2008–July 2009, Logistics Staff Officer, Tactical Evaluation Division, Allied Air Component Command Headquarters, Izmir, Turkey
11. August 2009–June 2010, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. July 2010–July 2012, Commander, 3rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
13. August 2012–August 2013, Chief, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Force Development, Force Development and Organizations Division, Directorate of Logistics, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. August 2013–December 2013, Chief of Foreign Military Sales Logistics and End-Use Monitoring, Office of Security Cooperation-Iraq, United States Embassy, Baghdad, Iraq
15. January 2014–May 2014, Commander, 379th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
16. May 2014–June 2015, Executive Officer to the Commander, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. August 2015–June 2016, Student, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
18. July 2016–April 2018, Commander, 309th Aircraft Maintenance Group, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah
19. April 2018–July 2020, Commander, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
20. August 2020–June 2021, Military Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations, New York City, N.Y.
21. July 2021–June 2022, Director, Budget Programs, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Budget, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
22. June 2022–present, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
(Current as of April 2023)