Lt. Gen. Brian S. Robinson is Deputy Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. The command serves as U.S. Transportation Command’s air component, executing the air mobility mission in support of the Joint Force, allies and partners with a fleet of nearly 1,100 aircraft. The command encompasses 18th Air Force, the U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center, the 618th Air Operations Center and 17 wings and two groups, which provide rapid global mobility from more than 100 locations worldwide. Nearly 107,000 active-duty, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve Airmen and civilians comprise the air mobility total force, providing command and control of inter-theater and intra-theater airlift, air refueling, aeromedical evacuation, global air mobility support, and presidential and senior leader air transport in support of national interests.
Prior to assuming his current role, Lt. Gen. Robinson served as the Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Transportation Command, where he was responsible for directing the all-domain command and control and deployment of forces and the distribution of supplies and equipment for humanitarian, peacetime and wartime operations for the Department of Defense, including joint training and exercises.
Lt. Gen. Robinson has held staff assignments at Joint Staff, Headquarters Air Force Staff, Air Mobility Command and the U.S. Air Forces Central 609th Combined Air Operations Center. He has commanded at the squadron, wing, operational and global 618th AOC levels.
Lt. Gen. Robinson is a native of Philadelphia where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from Philadelphia University in 1987. He received his commission from Air Force Officer Training School in 1987 and attended undergraduate pilot training, later serving as a T-38B first assignment instructor pilot before moving on to a series of operational assignments in the C-130 E/H/J and the C-17A, which represent the full range of tactical and strategic airlift and aerial delivery. Lt. Gen. Robinson is a weapons officer and command pilot with more than 4,400 hours in airlift and trainer aircraft
1987 Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Philadelphia University, Pa.
1992 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Military Operational Arts and Sciences, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 2002 Master of Arts, Human Resource Development, Webster University, Mo.
2004 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 C-17A Weapons Instructor Course, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev. 2009 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2014 U.S.-U.K. Military Leaders Forum, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2014 Combined Force Air Component Commander Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 2014 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2014 Capstone General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Joint Flag Officer Warfighter Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Advanced Senior Leadership Development Course, Warrenton, Va.
2019 Combined Force Maritime Component Commander’s Course, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. February 1988–February 1989, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
2. March 1989–January 1993, T-38B Instructor Pilot, Assistant Flight Commander, Vance AFB, Okla.
3. January 1993–May 1993, C-130 Initial Qualification, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. May 1993–July 1996, C-130E/H Instructor Aircraft Commander, Assistant Flight Commander, Wing Airlift Director, 36th Airlift Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
5. July 1996–October 1996, C-17A Initial Qualification, Altus AFB, Okla.
6. October 1996–June 2000, C-17A Evaluator Aircraft Commander, Executive Officer, Flight Commander and Assistant Operations Officer, 15th Airlift Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
7. June 2000–August 2001, Chief, C-17A Tactical Procedures and Policy, Headquarters, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. August 2001–October 2002, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. October 2002–April 2004, C-17A Evaluator Aircraft Commander, Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, 62nd Operations Group, McChord AFB, Wash. (February 2003 - May 2003, Chief, Strategic Plans and Tactics, Air Mobility Division, Combined Air Operations Center, Southwest Asia)
10. April 2004–September 2004, Operations Officer, 4th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
11. September 2004–June 2005, Operations Officer, 8th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
12. June 2005–May 2007, Commander, 10th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash. (July 2006 - November 2006, Commander, 817th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey)
13. May 2007–July 2007, Deputy Commander, 62nd Operations Group, McChord AFB, Wash. 14. July 2007–July 2008, Director, Air Mobility Division Air Forces Central Command Combined Air Operations Center, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
15. August 2008–June 2009, Student, Industrial College of Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
16. June 2009–November 2009, Chief, Strategic Assessments and Analysis Branch, Strategy and Plans Directorate, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
17. November 2009–June 2011, Vice Commander, 437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, S.C. 18. June 2011–January 2012, Executive Officer to the Commander, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
19. January 2012–July 2013, Commander, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
20. July 2013–June 2015, Vice Commander, 618th Air Operations Center (Tanker Airlift Control Center), Scott AFB, Ill.
21. June 2015–September 2016, Commander, 618th Air Operations Center (Tanker Airlift Control Center), Scott AFB, Ill.
22. September 2016–August 2017, Director of Operations, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
23. August 2017–June 2019, Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
24. June 2019–August 2020, Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
25. August 2020 - present, Deputy Commander, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2009–November 2009, Chief, Strategic Assessments and Analysis Branch, Strategy and Plans Directorate, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va. as a colonel
2. June 2019–August 2020, Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill. as a major general
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 4,400
Aircraft flown: T-38B, C-130E/H/J and C-17A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Antarctica Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 15, 1987
First Lieutenant Dec. 15, 1989
Captain Dec. 15, 1991
Major July 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2004
Colonel June 1, 2009
Brigadier General March 2, 2014
Major General Nov. 17, 2017
Lieutenant General Aug. 14, 2020
(Current as of August 2020)