Dr. Elisabetta L. “Betta” Jerome, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Technical Advisor, Armament and Weapons Test and Evaluation, Eglin Air Force, Florida. She is the senior technical advisor to the Air Force Test Center Commander and serves as the senior Air Force technical advisor and national/international authority in armament and weapons test and evaluation. Dr Jerome also has responsibility for providing technical advice and guidance to the highest levels of the Air Force, the DoD, as well as nationally-important conventional weapon system development efforts with regard to test infrastructure, test capabilities and best practices, modeling and simulation, and interpretation of test results.
Dr. Jerome worked in private industry for the first 27 years of her career. During this time, she provided technical guidance and subject matter expertise in the areas of structural analysis, penetration mechanics, and all aspects of conventional weapons test and evaluation and lethal effects. Dr. Jerome joined civil service in 2010 as the subject matter expert for air-delivered conventional weapon system lethality for the Armament Directorate at Eglin AFB, Florida. In this capacity, she provided authoritative technical direction in the areas of conventional weapons technology, weapons effects, and contributions towards the resolution of complex technical problems for the broader Eglin weapons acquisition community. Dr. Jerome was appointed a senior level executive in April 2014.
1981 Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University
1983 Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University
1991 Doctor of Philosophy in Aerospace Engineering, University of Florida
2012 Air War College, by correspondence
1. August 1983 – August 1986, Research Engineer, University Of Florida, Graduate Engineering Research Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2. August 1986 – September 1987, Graduate Student and Research Assistant, University of Florida, Gainesville
3. September 1987 – June 2000, Senior Research Engineer, Sverdrup Technology, Incorporated, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. 1991 to 2002 – Adjunct Professor, Research and Engineering Education Facility, University of Florida, Shalimar, Fla.
5. June 2000 – August 2005, Mechanics and Structures Technical Fellow, Sverdrup Technology, Incorporated, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. August 2005 – August 2010, Warhead Effectiveness Technical Fellow, Qualis Corporation, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. August 2010 – April 2014, Subject Matter Expert for Air-Delivered Conventional Weapon System Lethality, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Armament Directorate, Eglin AFB, Fla.
8. April 2014 – present, Technical Advisor, Armament and Weapons Test and Evaluation, Air Force Test Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2011 Notable Achievement Award, Department of the Air Force
2009 Research Award, QUALIS Corporation
2008, 2006 Research and Technology Publication Award, QUALIS Corporation
2004 Best Paper Award, Sverdrup Technology, Incorporated
2003 Best Paper Award, Sverdrup Technology, Incorporated
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
International Test and Evaluation Association
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Pi Tau Sigma National Honorary Mechanical Engineering Society
Systems Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering, Level III
(Current as of May 2014)