Maj. Gen. Andrew J. Toth is the Commander, Air Force’s Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. AFPC ensures commanders around the world are provided with skilled Airmen to conduct Air Force and Joint missions. Additionally, APFC executes programs covering the entire life cycle of military and civilian personnel for the Air Force, from accession through retirement, including readiness, growth, development and deployment. AFPC’s diverse workforce, with five subordinate units, has approximately 2,500 Air Force military, civilian and contractor personnel responsible for worldwide operations for nearly two million total force Airmen, retirees and family members.
General Toth earned his commission through the U.S. Air Force Academy and is a distinguished graduate of undergraduate pilot training. He is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force F-15C Weapons Instructor Course and a command pilot with more than 3,000 flying hours. He has served as chief of weapons and tactics at the squadron and wing level, assistant director of operations, director of operations, squadron commander, deputy group commander, group commander and commanded both the 33rd Fighter Wing at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, and the 36th Wing at Andersen AFB, Guam. While serving as the 33rd Fighter Wing Commander, he executed stand up of the first F-35A Lightning II training operations.
He attended Senior Developmental Education at the College of Naval Warfare in Newport, Rhode Island, has flown air defense missions during Operation Noble Eagle and logged more than 330 hours of combat flight time in Operation Southern Watch and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Prior to his current assignment, General Toth served as the Director of Operations, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
1989 Bachelor of Science in engineering sciences, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 U.S. Air Force F-15C Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2000 Master’s degree in military studies, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master’s degree in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
2013 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2015 Capstone Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Joint Flag Officer Warfighting Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Combined Force Air Component Commander Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 1989 – June 1990, Graduate Assistant Coach, Air Force Academy football team, Colo.
2. July 1990 – July 1991, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
3. August 1991 – August 1992, student, F-15 pilot training, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. August 1992 – February 1996, Instructor Pilot, 71st Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
5. March 1996 – January 1998, F-15 Replacement Training Unit instructor, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. August 1998 – July 1999, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 1st Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. July 1999 – July 2000, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2000 – July 2002, Exercise Division Chief and Assistant Director of Operations, Osan Air Base, South Korea
9. July 2002 – July 2003, Chief of Wing Weapons and Tactics, 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. July 2003 – July 2004, Director of Operations, 33rd Operations Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
11. July 2004 – July 2006, Commander, 60th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
12. July 2006 – July 2007, Student, College of Naval Warfare, Newport, R.I.
13. July 2007 – August 2008, Deputy Commander, 80th Operations Group, Sheppard AFB, Texas
14. September 2008 – August 2010, Commander, 57th Adversary Tactics Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
15. September 2010 – March 2011, Executive Officer to the Commander, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
16. March 2011 – May 2013, Commander, 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
17. June 2013 – June 2014, Director of Assignments and Air Expeditionary Force Operations, Air Force’s Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
18. June 2014 – May 2016, Commander, 36th Wing, Andersen AFB, Guam
19. May 2016 – April 2017, Assistant Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, and Assistant Vice Commander, 9th Air Expeditionary Task Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
20. April 2017 – August 2018, Director of Operations, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
21. August 2018 – present, Commander, Air Force’s Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 3,000, including 350 combat hours
Aircraft flown: F-15A/B/C/D, F-16C/D, F-35A, T-37, T-38A/B/C, B-52H, MQ-9
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with three oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31, 1991
Captain May 31, 1993
Major July 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2003
Colonel Aug. 1, 2008
Brigadier General July 3, 2014
Major General January 31, 2018
(Current as of August 2018)