Maj. Gen. Arthur E. Jackman, Jr. is the Mobilization Assistant to The Judge Advocate General, Office of The Judge Advocate General. General Jackman assists The Judge Advocate General in the professional oversight of more than 2,200 judge advocates, 350 civilian attorneys, 1,400 enlisted paralegals and 500 civilians assigned worldwide. In addition to overseeing an array of military justice, operational, international and civil law functions, General Jackman provides legal advice to the Air Staff and commanders at all levels.
Previously, General Jackman served on an extended active duty tour as Air Reserve Component Adviser to The Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force. His principal duties were to provide senior-level advice to The Judge Advocate General on all matters concerning the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard programs. Prior to being the ARC Advisor to The Judge Advocate General, General Jackman was the Deputy Staff Judge Advocate for Air Force Reserve Command at Robins Air Force Base, Georgia.
General Jackman served on active duty for over five years from December 1986 until August 1992 after receiving a four-year ROTC scholarship and a three-year educational delay to attend law school. He transferred to the Reserves in 1992 and has served as an IMA until his assignment as the DSJA for Air Force Reserve Command.
In his civilian profession, he is a felony division chief at the Office of the State Attorney for the 12th Judicial Circuit in Sarasota, Florida.
1983 Bachelors of Business Administration, cum laude, majoring in accounting, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind.
1986 Juris Doctor, cum laude, Albany Law School, Albany, N.Y.
1993 Master of Laws, Taxation, New York University School of Law, New York
1995 Squadron Officers School, by correspondence
2000 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
1. December 1986 - June 1988, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, Chief of Military Justice, George AFB, Calif.
2. June 1988 - May 1990, Area Defense Counsel, George AFB, Calif.
3. June 1990 - August 1992, Circuit Defense Counsel, 5th Judicial Circuit, Lowry AFB, Colo.
4. August 1992, separated from active duty, transferred to Category B Reserve program
5. June 1993 - August 1997, Reserve Appellate Defense Counsel, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
6. September 1997 - March 2004, Reserve Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, MacDill AFB, Fla.
7. March 2004 - January 2005, Reserve Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. January 2005 - June 2006, Deputy Staff Judge Advocate, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. July 2006 - June 2009, Air Reserve Component Advisor to The Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
10. July 2009 - April 2013, Mobilization Assistant to Heaquarters Air Mobility Command Staff Judge Advocate, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. May 2013 - June 2015, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Administrative Law, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
12. July 2015 - May 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
13. May 2018 - present, Mobilization Assistant to The Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
2001 Outstanding Reserve Judge Advocate of the Year, 21st Air Force
2002 Outstanding Reserve Judge Advocate of the Year, Air Mobility Command
2003 Outstanding Reserve Judge Advocate of the Year, Air Mobility Command
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant Dec. 28, 1986
Captain June 28,1987
Major May 14, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 14, 2001
Colonel March 17, 2005
Brigadier General March 26, 2015
Major General Dec. 2, 2017
(Current as of August 2018)