Jay Aanrud, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy of the Air Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office of the Vice Chief of Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. The SAPR office is the service's single point of accountability and oversight for sexual assault policy matters, and reports directly to the Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force. The SAPR office develops policies and programs that address the service's sexual assault prevention, education, accountability, victim assistance and assessment efforts.
Mr. Aanrud is a retired colonel who received his Bachelor of Science degree and regular commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy class of 1990, graduating with military honors. He served five fighter assignments at bases in U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Pacific Air Forces and Air Combat Command. He retired a command pilot with over 1,860 hours in the F-16 and over 3,290 hours total time, with more than 800 instructor hours and over 550 hours of combat time during 123 combat sorties. Mr. Aanrud served as a commander at the squadron and the wing level.
1990 Bachelor of Science Degree in Organizational Behavior, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1992 pilot instructor training, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Flight instructor school, Canadian Forces Base Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
2001 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2003 Master's degree in military management, Touro University
2006 Air War College, by correspondence
1. July 1986 - May 1990, Student, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2. June 1991 - July 1992, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Reese AFB, Texas
3. July 1992 - March 1995, T-37 Instructor Pilot, Reese AFB, Texas
4. March 1995 - July 1997, CT-114 Tutor Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, Canadian Forces Base Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
5. July 1997 - July 1998, IFF and F-16 RTU, Randolph and Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. August 1998 - August 2000, F-16CJ Pilot, 79th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
7. August 2000 - August 2002, Weapons and Tactics Flight Commander, 39th Operations Support Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
8. August 2002 - December 2005, Current Operations Flight Commander, 55th Fighter Squadron; then
Assistant Operations Officer 20th Operations Support Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
9. December 2005 - February 2006, Chief of Commander's Action Group, 7th Air Force, Osan Air Base, South Korea
10. February 2006 - September 2007, Chief of Safety, 35th Fighter Wing, Misawa Air Base, Japan
11. October 2007 - May 2008, Director of Operations, 14th Fighter Squadron, Misawa Air Base, Japan
12. May 2008 - May 2010, Commander, 13th Fighter Squadron, Misawa Air Base, Japan
13. June 2010 - June 2012, Staff Officer, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2012 - June 2014 Vice Commander, 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson AFB, Alaska
15. June 2014 - December 2014 Policy Division Chief, SAPR Program, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with oak leaf cluster
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Ribbon
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
U.S. Air Force Anthony C. Shine Award, 2001 (U.S. Air Force Outstanding Fighter Pilot of the Year)
20th Fighter Wing 2004 Aerial Achievement Award
Daedalian Award Winner for Leadership, F-16 RTU
(Current as of April 2015)