Maj. Gen. Patrick Wade is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. The command is responsible for organizing, training, equipping and maintaining combat-ready forces for rapid deployment and employment while ensuring strategic air defense forces are ready to meet the challenges of peacetime air sovereignty and wartime defense. ACC develops strategy, doctrine, concepts, tactics, and procedures for air- and space-power employment. The command provides conventional and information warfare forces to all unified commands to ensure air, space and information superiority.
Major General Wade received his commission from the University of Notre Dame in 1989 with a degree in electrical engineering. He graduated from pilot training in 1991 from Columbus Air Force Base, Mississippi, followed by F-16 Flying Training Unit at MacDill AFB, Florida. He is a veteran of Northern and Southern Watch, operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom with 562 combat hours and 150 sorties over the course of nine deployments. Most recently, he served as Deputy Joint Air Component Coordination Element, Operation Inherent Resolve.
Prior to joining the Air Force Reserve in 2003, General Wade served at five operational bases in the United States and Korea. He served as a flight commander, squadron commander of the 466th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah, Operations Group Commander of the 419th Operations Group, Hill AFB, Utah, and as Vice Commander of the 419th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah. Major General Wade served as mobilization assistant to the Director of Plans, Programs and Requirements, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Virginia. Most recently, he has served as the mobilization assistant to the Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and U.S. Air Forces Africa
1989 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind.
1997 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College
2007 Air War College
2013 Master of Business Administration, Webster University, St Louis, Mo.
1. March 1990 - June 1991, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. June 1991 - September 1992, Student, F-16 Flying Training Unit, 72nd Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, MacDill AFB Fla.
3. September 1992 - January 1996, F-16 Instructor Pilot, 421st Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
4. January 1996 - January 1997, F-16 Instructor Pilot, 35th Fighter Squadron, Kunsan AB, South Korea
5. January 1997 - March 1999, Flight Commander and F-16 instructor pilot, 389th Fighter Squadron, and Chief of Wing Training, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
6. March 1999 - September 2003, Flight Commander and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 113th Fighter Squadron, Indiana Air National Guard, Terre Haute, Ind.
7. September 2003 - August 2006, flight commander and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 466th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
8. August 2006 - January 2008, Commander, 419th Operations Support Flight, Hill AFB, Utah
9. January 2008 - March 2011, Commander, 466th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
10. March 2011 - August 2011, Commander, 419th Operations Group, Hill AFB
11. August 2011 - September 2013, Vice Commander, 419th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
12. September 2013 - August 2015, Mobilization Assistant to Director, Plans, Programs and Requirements, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
13. August 2015 - October 2017, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
14. November 2017 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,600
Aircraft flown: F-16, T-37, T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, Sept. 20, 1989
First Lieutenant, Sept. 20, 1991
Captain, Sept. 20, 1993
Major 1 May, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 18, 2005
Colonel May 11, 2011
Brigadier General May 18, 2015
Major General June 16, 2017
(Current as of November 2017)