Shirley L. Reed, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Chief Information Officer, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. Ms. Reed provides executive leadership and direction, broad technical knowledge, skill and experience on all technology, innovation and financial information matters. She is responsible for oversight of IT audit readiness activities, assisting with the development of strategies, policies and corrective action plans to mitigate audit findings. She facilitates system integration with the Financial Management Enterprise Resource Planning and migration of financial management systems to a Common Computing Environment.
Prior to assuming her current position, she was assigned as the Director, Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System (DEAMS) within the office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Operations and was responsible for overseeing the functional design, development, testing and deployment of DEAMS across the Air Force.
Ms. Reed entered federal service in 1985 as a data control clerk, McClellan Air Force Base, Calif. She earned a merit promotion into the DFAS Centralized Career Intern Program and has since held a variety of financial management positions in both the Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) and Air Force.
Ms. Reed earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from the University of Maryland, University College, Heidelberg, Germany and holds a Master of Science in Administration in Acquisitions Administration from Central Michigan University. She is a graduate of Professional Military Comptroller School and Office of Personnel Management’s Executive Leadership Development Seminar. She is also a recipient of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) Financial Management individual achievement award for improving Financial Management Internal Controls.
2004 Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management, University of Maryland University College, Heidelberg, Germany.
2014 Master of Science in Administration in Acquisitions Administration, Central Michigan University
2015 Air Force SMART OPS for the 21st Century Executive Leadership Course
2016 Executive Coaching 360 Degree Leadership Assessment Program
1. 1985 - 1995 Data Control Clerk/Financial Analyst, SM/ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
2. 1995 - 1998 Accountant, Centrally Managed Career Intern Program, DFAS, Denver
3. 1998 - 2001 Disbursing Officer, USAFE/FM, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
4. 2002 - 2003 Chief, Accounting Operations, DFAS-EU, Ramstein AB, Germany
5. 2003 - 2005 Chief, Acquisition Accounting, DFAS-DY, Dayton, Ohio
6. 2005 - 2006 Deputy Field Site Director, DFAS-DY, Dayton, Ohio
7. 2006 - 2008 Accountant, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. 2008 - 2010 Accounting Officer, SAF/FMFA, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 2011 - 2012 Director, Management Services Compliance, SAF/FMFA, Wright Patterson AFB, OH
10. 2012 - 2015 Director, Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System, SAF/FMFS, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. 2015-Present, Chief Information Officer, SAF/FM, Andrews AFB, Md.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Society of Military Comptrollers
Financial Management, Level III
(Current as of April 2017)