Leigh Method, a Senior Level executive, is Senior Advisor, F-35 Integration Office, Headquarters United States Air Force. The office is responsible to the Air Force Chief of Staff in consolidating oversight, improving communications and establishing Air Force F-35 priorities. Ms. Method assists the director in integrating activities across air staff directorates, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, partners, Department of the Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, major commands and the Joint Program Office to ensure connectivity of information and decisions across the F-35 enterprise. The F-35 Integration Office is the single point of contact for all Air Force F-35A matters and is the Air Force’s primary conduit of senior leader information flow to the Joint Program Office.
Ms. Method is a 24-year Air Force veteran, retiring as a colonel. She is a distinguished graduate of the ROTC program at Michigan State University and earned her commission in 1990. A career logistician, Ms. Method participated in operations Joint Endeavor and Enduring Freedom. She served in a variety of air and ground transportation, logistics and aircraft maintenance positions. Prior to her current assignment she was Commander, 76th Commodities Maintenance Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. A Certified Professional Logistician, Ms. Method was appointed as a Senior Level executive in 2015.EDUCATION
1990 Bachelor of Arts degree in Personnel Administration, Michigan State University, East Lansing
1990 Distinguished graduate, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, Michigan State University, East Lansing
1996 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Distinguished graduate, Master of Science degree in Transportation and Logistics Management (dual major), Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
2004 Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2007 Air War College, by seminar
2011 Master of Arts degree in national security & strategic studies, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2012 Advanced Program in Logistics and Technology, Institute for Defense & Business, Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2017 Executive Program in Logistics and Technology, Institute for Defense & Business, Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel HillASSIGNMENTS
1. June 1991 - September 1993, Combat Readiness and Resources Officer then Vehicle Operations Officer, 1st Transportation Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
2. October 1993 - December 1993, Duty Officer, Air Terminal Operations Center, 316th Aerial Port Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
3. January 1994 - September 1995, Air Freight Officer, 630th Air Mobility Support Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
4. October 1995 - May 1997, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, 60th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. May 1997 - September 1998, Graduate Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. October 1998 - November 2000, Logistics Project Officer, Air Force Logistics Management Agency, Gunter Annex-Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. November 2000 - May 2003, Logistics Readiness Staff Officer, Deployment & Distribution Division, Directorate of Logistics Readiness, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations & Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. June 2003 - June 2004, Student, U.S. Army Command & General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
9. July 2004 - August 2006, Aerial Port Flight Commander, 723d Air Mobility Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
10. August 2006 - August 2008, Commander, 89th Aerial Port Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md. (August 2007 - March 2008, deployed as Afghan National Army Air Corps G-4 Air Advisor and Logistics Team Lead, Air Corps Advisory Group, Combined Air Power Transition Force, Kabul International Airport, Afghanistan)
11. August 2008 - August 2010, Deputy Commander, 437th Maintenance Group, Joint Base Charleston, S.C.
12. August 2010 - June 2011, Student, College of Naval Warfare, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
13. July 2011 - June 2013, Logistics Panel Chair then Chief, Program Integration Division, Directorate of Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations & Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2013 - June 2015, Commander, 76th Commodities Maintenance Group, Oklahoma City-Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. June 2015 - present, Senior Adviser, F-35 Integration Office, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf clusterPROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Professional Logistician, SOLE - The International Society of Logistics
Life Cycle Logistics, Level I, Acquisition Professional Development ProgramPROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Airlift / Tanker Association
National Defense Transportation Association
National Defense Industrial Association
SOLE - The International Society of Logistics
Women in Defense
(Current as of June 2017)