Michael F. LoGrande, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency (AFRBA). In this role, he has the primary responsibility and authority for the business operations of the Agency. He is responsible for operational oversight of adjudication of military and civilian personnel matters through a total of 10 statutory and secretarial boards. The Agency Director reports directly to the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (SAF/MR).
Mr. LoGrande was a distinguished graduate from the U.S. Air Force Academy and was commissioned in 1986. He served in the regular Air Force and Air Force Reserve for a total of 25 years and retired as a colonel in 2011. Throughout his military career, he served as an instructor pilot in trainer, airlift and tanker aircraft. He served four separate assignments in the legislative affairs community working authorization and appropriations issues for the Regular, Guard and Reserve components. His previous assignment was Executive Director, Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records.
Mr. LoGrande earned a Master of Science in Aeronautical Science from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and a Master of Science in National Security Strategy from the National Defense University.
Bachelor of Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado
Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
Masters Degree, Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.,
Master's Degree, national security strategy, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Flaggler School of Business, Chapel Hill
2009 Senior Executive Fellowship, J.F.K School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
Seminar XXI, Program on Foreign Politics, International Relations and the National Interest, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass.
1. 1986 - 1987, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. 1987 - 1991, T-37 Instructor Pilot, Squadron Scheduler, Assistant Wing Executive Officer, Assistant Operations Officer, Williams AFB, Ariz.
3. 1991 - 1994, C-141 Assistant Aircraft Commander, Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, Wing Assistant Executive Officer, McGuire AFB, N.J.
4. 1994 - 1997, Inquiry Officer, Executive Officer to the Director, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Legislative Liaison, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
5. 1997 - 2000, KC-10 Aircraft Commander, Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, Wing Chief of Flight Safety, McGuire AFB, N.J.
6. 2000 - 2002, KC-10 Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, McGuire AFB, N.J.
7. February 2002 - August 2004, Assistant for Congressional Matters, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Financial Management and Budget Liaison, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. 2004 - 2009, Chief, Reserve Policy Integration Division, Policy Integration Directorate, Office of Air Force Reserve, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. 2009 - 2011, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Legislative Liaison, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. 2009 - 2013, President, Department of Defense Physical Disability Board of Review, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
11. 2013 - 2015, Executive Director, Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
12. 2015 - present, Deputy Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
Ratings: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 4,000
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, C-141B, KC-10, B-727
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Civilian Meritorious Service Medal
Exemplary Civilian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1986
First Lieutenant May 28, 1988
Captain May 28, 1990
Major May 28, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 12, 2002
Colonel Feb. 16, 2006
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Airlift Tanker Association
Order of Daedalians
(Current as of July 2015)