Winston A. Beauchamp, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director, Headquarters Air Force Information Management, Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. He serves as the Headquarters Air Force Chief Information Officer and liaison to the Pentagon Architecture Council. He also manages the Air Force Declassification Office, Air Force Publications Distribution Office and Enterprise Solutions Division.
Mr. Beauchamp began his career in the National Security field in 1992, as a systems engineer with General Electric (GE) Aerospace. He worked in a number of positions with GE and Lockheed Martin Corporation before joining the federal government as an intelligence operations specialist in 1996.
Mr. Beauchamp previously served as the Technical Executive of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and led NGA’s strategic planning, functional and program guidance, architecture analysis, planning, modeling and simulation for future geospatial intelligence spaceborne and airborne collection systems and capabilities. Other positions within NGA held by Mr. Beauchamp include Technical Executive of the Acquisition Directorate; Director of Systems Engineering, Acquisitions Directorate; and Director, InnoVision, Frontiers Office where he led future requirements and architecture analyses of the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG). These studies guided major geospatial intelligence investment decisions within the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense, including the development of the federal government’s Commercial Imagery program.
Mr. Beauchamp first joined the Air Force in 2015 to serve as the Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, and the Director, Principal DoD Space Advisor Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. In this role, he was responsible for integrating and overseeing all DoD space capabilities and activities, coordinating with the Intelligence Community, and providing support to the Secretary of Defense on space portfolio decisions. Additionally, as Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, he provided the principal support to the Under Secretary’s role as the Headquarters U.S. Air Force focal point for space matters and in coordinating activities across the Air Force space enterprise.
Prior to joining the Air Force, Mr. Beauchamp performed a joint duty assignment as the Director of Mission Integration in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and as the co-chair of the Advanced Capability and Deterrence Panel. In these joint DoD/intelligence community roles, he advanced intelligence integration by leading enterprise governance to identify, prioritize and develop strategies to address mission needs, enterprise challenges and intelligence gaps and led initiatives to pursue innovative ways to advance U.S. strategic advantage in the 21st century.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
1995 Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Villanova University, Pa.
2010 Capstone Military Leadership Program
1. 1992–1996, Systems Engineer, General Electric/Lockheed Martin Corp, Valley Forge, Pa.
2. 1996–2000, Operations Analyst, Central Imagery Tasking Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Springfield, Va.
3. 2000–2001, Senior Technical Advisor for Studies and Analysis, Analysis and Plans Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Chantilly, Va.
4. 2001–2003, Director, InnoVision Frontiers Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Chantilly, Va.
5. 2003–2007, Director, Acquisition Engineering Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Reston, Va.
6. 2008–2011, Technical Executive, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Bethesda, Md.
7. 2011–2012, Deputy Director, Office of Geospatial-Intelligence Management, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Springfield, Va.
8. 2012–2014, Director, Mission Integration Division, Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Intelligence Integration, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, McLean, Va.
9. 2014–2015, Deputy Director, Advanced Capability and Deterrence Panel, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, McLean, Va.
10. 2015–2017, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space and Director, Principal Department of Defense Space Advisor Staff, Washington, D.C.
11. 2017–2018, Special Assistant to the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. 2018–present, Director, Headquarters Air Force Information Management and Headquarters Air Force Chief Information Officer, Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2012 Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
2015 Distinguished Civilian Service Medal from National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
2015 Outstanding Service Award from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
2015 Intelligence Community Medallion from DNI
2016 Air Force Performance Award
2017 Air Force Exceptional Civilian Service Award
(Current as of March 2020)