Winston A. Beauchamp, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Chief Information Officer for the Department of the Air Force, comprised of the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Space Force. He assists the Chief Information Officer in leading two directorates and supporting 20,000 cyber operations and support personnel around the globe with a portfolio valued at $17 billion. He provides oversight of the Air Force’s Information Technology portfolio including the Information Technology investment strategy from networks to cloud computing, Enterprise policies, information resources management, IT innovation initiatives, information assurance, and related matters for the Department of the Air Force. He delivers cyber security, and enforces Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act laws, and integrates Air Force warfighting and mission support capabilities by networking and securing air, space, and terrestrial assets.
Mr. Beauchamp previously served as the Director, Headquarters Air Force (HAF) Information Management, Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Arlington, Virginia. In this role, he served as HAF Chief Information Officer and HAF Authorizing Official. He also managed the Air Force Declassification Office, Air Force Publications Distribution Office, and Enterprise Solutions Division.
Mr. Beauchamp joined the Air Force in 2015 to serve as both the Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, and the Director, Principal Defense Department Space Advisor Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. In this DoD role, he was responsible for integrating and overseeing DoD space capabilities and policies, coordinating with the Intelligence Community, and providing support to the Secretary of Defense on space portfolio decisions. Additionally, as Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, he provided the principal support to the Under Secretary’s role as the Headquarters U.S. Air Force focal point for space matters and in coordinating activities across the Air Force space enterprise, prior to the establishment of the Space Force as an independent military branch within the Department of the Air Force.
Prior to his Air Force tenure, Mr. Beauchamp served for two decades in a variety of progressively more responsible positions in several agencies of the Intelligence Community. He began his career in the National Security field in 1992 as a systems engineer with General Electric (GE) Aerospace. He worked in a number of assignments with GE and Lockheed Martin Corporation before joining the federal government as an intelligence operations specialist.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
1995 Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Villanova University, Villanova, Pa,
2002 ICSLP Intelligence Community Senior Leadership Program, Washington, D.C.
2006 APEX Department of Defense Senior Executive Orientation Program, Washington, D.C.
2010 Capstone Military Leadership Program, Washington, D.C.
1. 1992–1996, Systems Engineer, General Electric/Lockheed Martin Corporation, Valley Forge, Pa.
2. 1996–2000, Operations Analyst, Central Imagery Tasking Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Springfield, Va.
3, 2000–2001, Senior Technical Advisor for Studies and Analysis, Analysis and Plans Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Chantilly, Va.
4. 2001–2003, Director, InnoVision Frontiers Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Chantilly, Va.
5. 2003–2007, Director, Acquisition Engineering Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Reston, Va.
5. 2007–2009, Deputy Technical Executive, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Bethesda, Md.
6. 2009–2011, Technical Executive, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Bethesda, Md.
7. 2011–2012, Deputy Director, Office of Geospatial-Intelligence Management, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Springfield, Va.
8. 2012–2014, Director, Mission Integration Division, Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Intelligence Integration, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, McLean, Va.
9. 2014–2015, Deputy Director, Advanced Capability and Deterrence Panel, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, McLean, Va.
10. 2015–2017, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space and Director, Principal Department of Defense Space Advisor Staff, Washington, D.C.
11. 2017–2018, Special Assistant to the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Arlington, Va.
12. 2018–2020, Director, Headquarters Air Force Information Management and Headquarters Air Force Chief Information Officer, Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Arlington, Va.
13. 2020–2021, Associate Deputy Chief Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Arlington, Va.
14. 2021–present, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Arlington, Va.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2012 Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
2015 Distinguished Civilian Service Medal from National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
2015 Outstanding Service Award from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
2015 Intelligence Community Medallion
2017 Air Force Exceptional Civilian Service Award
(Current as of February 2021)