Winston A. Beauchamp, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Special Assistant to the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force.
Mr. Beauchamp began his career in the National Security field in 1992, as a systems engineer with General Electric Aerospace. He worked in a number of positions with GE, Martin Marietta, and Lockheed Martin Corporation before joining the federal government as an intelligence operations specialist in 1996.
Mr. Beauchamp previously served as the Deputy Director, Office of Geospatial-Intelligence Management in the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, and led NGA’s activities in the management of resources that constituted and supported the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence. He also assisted in overseeing NSG strategic planning, functional and program guidance, architecture analysis, planning, modeling and simulation for future GEOINT systems and capabilities. Other positions within NGA held by Mr. Beauchamp include Technical Executive of the Acquisition Directorate; Director of Systems Engineering, Acquisitions Directorate; and Director, InnoVision, Frontiers Office where he led future requirements and architecture analyses of the NSG. These studies guided major geospatial intelligence investment decisions within the Intelligence Community and the DoD, including the development of the NextView
Commercial Imagery program.
Before joining the Air Force in 2015, he performed a Joint Duty Assignment in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence as the Director of the Mission Integration Division and as the co-chair of the Advanced Capability and Deterrence Panel. In these joint Department of Defense/Intelligence Community roles he advanced intelligence integration by leading enterprise governance to identify, prioritize and develop strategies to address mission needs, enterprise challenges and intelligence gaps and led initiatives to pursue innovative ways to advance US strategic advantage for the 21st century.
Prior to his current assignment, he served the Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, and the Director, Principal DoD Space Advisor Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. In this role, he was responsible for integrating and overseeing all DoD space capabilities and activities, coordinating with the intelligence community and providing support to the Secretary of Defense on space portfolio decisions. Additionally, as Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, he provided the principal support to the Under Secretary’s role as the Headquarters U.S. Air Force focal point for space matters and in coordinating activities across the Air Force space enterprise.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, Lehigh University
1995 Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Villanova University
1. 1992 – 1996, Systems Engineer, General Electric Aerospace/Lockheed Martin Corp, Valley Forge, Pa.
2. 1996 – 2000, Operations Analyst, Central Imagery Tasking Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Springfield, Va.
3. 2000 – 2001, Senior Technical Advisor, Analysis and Plans Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Chantilly, Va.
4. 2001 – 2003, Office Director, InnoVision Frontiers Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Chantilly, Va.
5. 2003 – 2007, Office Director, Acquisition Engineering Office, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, Reston, Va.
6. 2008 – 2011, Technical Executive, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Bethesda, Md.
7. 2011 – 2012, Deputy Director, Office of Geospatial-Intelligence Management, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Springfield, Va.
8. 2012 – 2014, Director, Mission Integration Division, Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Intelligence Integration, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, McLean, Va.
9. 2014 – 2015, Deputy Director, Advanced Capability and Deterrence Panel, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, McLean, Va.
10. 2015 – 2017, Director, Principal Department of Defense Space Advisor Staff and Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, Washington, D.C.
11. 2017 -- present, Special Assistant to the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force
(Current as of July 2017)