Maj. Gen. Stacey T. Hawkins is the Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He directs policy and procedures for field and depot-level aircraft and commodities maintenance, nuclear weapon systems sustainment, software engineering, conventional munitions, logistics plans, transportation, supply chain operations and management, civil engineering, force protection and logistics information technology activities. He is the lead command integrator for life-cycle sustainment, product support and acquisition logistics across the Air Force weapon systems portfolio.
Maj. Gen. Hawkins is a native of Bastrop, Louisiana and received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado in 1991. He has commanded at the squadron, expeditionary group, air base wing (installation) and air logistics complex levels. He also led deployed combat logistics operations throughout Southwest Asia, the Horn of Africa and on the Korean Peninsula. Maj. Gen. Hawkins served as a White House Fellow, an aircraft maintenance officer for the U.S. Air Force “Thunderbirds” and a U.S. Air Force Honor Guard ceremonial guardsman. His staff assignments include service at the Pentagon, Headquarters Air Mobility Command and the White House as special advisor for defense policy and intelligence programs to the Vice President.
Prior to his current assignment, Maj. Gen. Hawkins was Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
1991 Bachelor of Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1998 Master of Arts with honors, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate and Commandant’s Trophy, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB Ala.
2005 Master of Airpower Art and Science, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 White House Fellow, U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington, D.C.
2011 Master of Business Administration, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass.
2014 Joint and Combined Warfighting School (JPME II), Norfolk, Va.
1. August 1991–December 1993, Officer in Charge, B-52G/H Stratofortress and KC-135A Stratotanker Aircraft Inspection and Component Repair branches, 2nd Field Maintenance Squadron, 2nd Bomb Wing, then Officer in Charge, KC-10A Extender Sortie Generation Flight, 32nd Air Refueling Squadron, 458th Operations Group, Barksdale Air Force Base, La. (October–December 1992, Chief of Logistics, 1701st Air Refueling Wing-Provisional, Southwest Asia)
2. January 1994–July 1996, Ceremonial Guardsman, U.S. Air Force Honor Guard, 11th Wing, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
3. August 1996–June 1998, Air Force Intern Program, Media Relations Officer, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Public Affairs, then Maintenance and Munitions Policy Staff Officer, Directorate of Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
4. July 1998–March 2000, Maintenance Supervisor, 57th Logistics Support Squadron, then A-10 Thunderbolt II and F-15C/D Eagle Aircraft Maintenance Flight Commander, 57th Aircraft Generation Squadron, 57th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. April 2000–May 2002, Maintenance Officer, U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron–The Thunderbirds, then Maintenance Supervisor, 57th Component Repair Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. June 2002–July 2003, Maintenance Operations Officer, 51st Maintenance Squadron, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
7. August 2003–June 2004, student, Intermediate Developmental Education, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2004–June 2005, Student, Advanced Studies Group, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies
9. July 2005–July 2007, Commander, 305th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J. (May–September 2006, Deputy Commander, 386th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, Southwest Asia)
10. August 2007–October 2008, White House Fellow, Senior Developmental Education, Special Assistant to the Administrator (Director, National Guaranty Purchase Center), U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington, D.C.
11. November 2008–September 2010, Special Advisor for Defense Policy and Intelligence Programs to the Vice President, The White House, Washington, D.C.
12. October 2010–June 2011, Air Force Institute of Technology-sponsored Sloan Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass.
13. July 2011–July 2012, Commander, 380th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, Southwest Asia
14. August 2012–June 2013, Deputy Commander for Maintenance, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. June 2013–May 2015, Installation Commander and Commander, 10th Air Base Wing, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
16. May 2015–August 2017, Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
17. August 2017–July 2019, Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Air Force Sustainment Center, Hill AFB, Utah
18. July 2019–present, Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
November 2008–September 2010, Special Advisor for Defense Policy and Intelligence Programs to the Vice President of the United States, the White House, Washington, D.C., as a lieutenant colonel and colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal with bronze star
Korean Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border and oak leaf cluster
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
1999 Secretary of the Air Force Leadership Award
2003 Pacific Air Forces Leo Marquez Award nominee as the Outstanding Munitions Maintenance Officer
2005 Air Armament Museum Foundation Award for the best School of Advanced Air and Space Studies thesis on Technology and Airpower
2006 US Jaycees Ten Outstanding Young Americans national award
2017 White House Fellows Impact Award
Procuring and Sustaining the Joint Strike Fighter -- Air Force Journal of Logistics; Spring, 2006, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p15
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major May 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2006
Colonel Oct. 1, 2009
Brigadier General Aug. 2, 2015
Major General Oct. 2, 2018
(Current as of September 2019)