Sara V. Keller, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Ms. Keller develops and directs policy for depot overhaul, repair and modification of Air Force weapon systems, as well as, both nuclear and non-nuclear munitions, supply, logistics plans, transportation and packaging methods and logistics data systems.
Ms. Keller plans and coordinates product support and acquisition logistics for all fielded and emerging Air Force weapon systems, as well as, establishes guidance for Air Force retail and wholesale supply chain management of spare parts valued at over $5.8 billion.
Ms. Keller has broad experience including propulsion maintenance repair operations, aircraft logistics sustainment and resource planning and integration.
Ms. Keller began her federal service career in 1986 at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center as a Materials Engineer in the Engine Maintenance Division. She had the opportunity to career broaden as a logistics manager in the B-2 Sustainment Flight and later at Air Combat Command and Headquarters Air Force. Prior to her current assignment, Ms. Keller served as the Deputy Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in January 2015.
1986 Bachelor of Science in metallurgical engineering, University of Texas, El Paso
2003 Master of Arts degree in management, Webster University, St. Louis
2011 Air War College, by correspondence
2015 Program for Executives in Logistics and Technology, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. June 1986 - December 1999, Materials Engineer, Non-Destructive Inspection Process Engineer, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Okla.
2. January 2000 – July 2000, General Engineer Team Lead, Chemical Team, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Okla.
3. July 2000 – February 2002, Mechanical Engineer Supervisor, Production Engineering Section, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Okla.
4. February 2002 – March 2005, General Engineer Supervisor, Production Engineering & Planning Branch, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Okla.
5. March 2005 – April 2007, Logistics Management Specialist, B-2 Logistics Sustainment Flight Chief, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Okla.
6. April 2007 – July 2008, Deputy Chief, Combat Aircraft Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
7. July 2008 – July 2013, Chief, Resources Integration Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
8. July 2013 – January 2015, Chief, Resources Division, Directorate of Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. January 2015 – April 2018, Deputy Director of Logistics, Engineering & Force Protection, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. April 2018 – June 2018, Deputy Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. June 2018 – present, Deputy Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Award
Exemplary Service Award
Civilian Achievement Award
Selected as a 2003 Power hitter in Business and Technology for the Hispanic Engineer & Information Technology Magazine, one of 14 Air Force personnel named
Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering Systems Engineer, Level III
Life Cycle Logistics, Level II
Program Management, Level I
(Current as of September 2018)