Brig. Gen. Steven J. Bleymaier is Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. He is responsible to the Commander of Air Mobility Command for the leadership, management and integration of total-force logistics, engineering and force protection activities across the global mobility air forces enterprise. His directorate also provides direct support to 18th Air Force, the U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center and the Air Force's Center of Excellence for enroute, contingency response and partnership capacity building mission sets.
Brig. Gen. Bleymaier entered the Air Force in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science and commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He has a diversified background in fighter and heavy aircraft, munitions maintenance, acquisition logistics, legislative affairs and politico-military plans. He has commanded an air logistics complex, a wing, group, two squadrons and served at the major command and Air Staff levels. Brig. Gen. Bleymaier has served two tours in Europe and deployed to the Middle East three times. Prior to his current position, he served as the Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah.
1991 Bachelor of Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1995 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, extended campus
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1999 Master of Arts, Organizational Management, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2004 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, by correspondence
2009 Master of Science, National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2010 U.S. Air Force Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2012 U.S. Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2015 Depot and Arsenal Executive Leadership Program, The Institute for Defense and Business, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2016 LOGTECH-Advanced Program in Logistics and Technology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2018 Senior Acquisition Management Course, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1. September 1991 - December 1991, Student, Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions Officers Course, Chanute Air Force Base, Ill.
2. January 1992 - June 1993, Accessories Flight Commander and Avionics Flight Commander, 48th Component Repair Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
3. June 1993 - April 1994, Assistant Sortie Generator Flight Commander and Sortie Support Flight Commander, 494th Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
4. April 1994 - August 1995, Assistant Munitions Flight Commander, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
5. August 1995 - June 1997, Chief, Site Activation and Field Support Branch, Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile, Air-to-Air Joint System Program Office, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. July 1997 - May 1999, Student, Air Force Intern Program, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
7. January 1998 - December 1998, Action Officer, Congressional Inquiries and Congressional Actions Divisions, Secretary of the Air Force for Legislative Liaison and Politico-Military Planner and Slovenia Desk Officer, Central and Eastern European Division, J-5/Strategic Plans and Policy, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
8. May 1999 - May 2000, Maintenance Supervisor, 1st Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
9. May 2000 - April 2002, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 94th Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
10. April 2002 - July 2003, Deputy Chief, Aircraft Maintenance Division, Logistics Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
11. July 2003 - June 2004, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2004 - July 2006, Commander, 366th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
13. January 2006 - May 2006, Commander, 376th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, and Deputy Commander, 376th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, Manas AB, Kyrgyzstan
14. July 2006 - July 2007, Action Officer, Aircraft Maintenance Directorate, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
15. July 2007 - August 2008, Executive Officer to the Assistant Vice Chief of Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
16. August 2008 - June 2009, student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
17. June 2009 - May 2011, Commander, 20th Maintenance Group, Shaw AFB, S.C.
18. May 2011 - January 2012, Vice Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, and Air Force Director of Propulsion, Tinker AFB, Okla.
19. January 2012 - July 2013, Commander, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
20. July 2013 - August 2014, Deputy Director, Logistics - Sustainment, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
21. August 2014 - August 2015, Director of Staff, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio
22. August 2015 - August 2017, Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah
23. September 2017 - present, Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with “V” device and silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
OTHER AWARDS AND HONORS
2001 Headquarters Air Combat Command Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Award, Outstanding Company Grade
Aircraft Maintenance Manager
2009 Air Force Association NCR Award for Excellence in Writing
1997 Program Management Level I
2013 Life Cycle Logistics Level III
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major April 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2006
Colonel Oct. 1, 2009
Brigadier General Aug. 2, 2015
(Current as of August 2019)