Maj. Gen. Cameron G. Holt is the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Contracting, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for all aspects of contracting relating to the acquisition of weapon systems, logistics, and operational support for the Air Force and provides contingency contracting support to the geographic combatant commanders. He leads a highly skilled staff of mission-focused business leaders supporting warfighters through $825 billion of Space, Global Power/Reach and Information Dominance programs. He also oversees the training, organizing and equipping of a workforce of some 8,000 contracting professionals who execute programs worth more than $65 billion annually.
Prior to this assignment, General Holt served as the Commander, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He led an over 700 personnel agency with a total contract portfolio of $55 billion. In this capacity, he directed enterprise-wide installation strategic sourcing efforts for the Air Force and oversaw $9.1 billion in annual obligations for mission and installation requirements.
General Holt received his commission through the ROTC at the University of Georgia in 1990. He has experience in the full spectrum of acquisition and contract management across four major commands, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, U.S. Air Forces Central Command and the Joint Staff. General Holt is a joint qualified officer with multiple deployments in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
1990 Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business, University of Georgia, Athens
1996 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Master of Arts, Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2005 Distinguished graduate, Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 National Security Fellowship, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2014 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2018 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Washington D.C.
1. July 1991 – August 1994, Contracts Manager, 1st Contracting and ACC Contracting Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
2. August 1994 – June 1997, Commander, Services Contracting Flight, 45th Contracting Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla.
3. July 1997 – July 1999, Air Force Intern, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
4. July 1999 – July 2002, F-22 Procuring Contracting Officer, F-22 System Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. July 2002 – July 2004, Commander, 14th Contracting Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
6. July 2004 – June 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 2005 – June 2007, F-22 Branch Chief, Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition), the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
8. July 2007 – June 2008, National Security Fellow, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
9. July 2008 – July 2010, ISR/UAS Programs Evaluator, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
10. August 2010 – August 2011, Commander, Defense Contract Management- Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan
11. August 2011 – July 2014, Director of Contracting, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
12. July 2012 – July 2014, Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Operating Location-Eglin, Eglin AFB, Fla.
13. July 2014 – August 2015, Director of Staff, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. August 2015 – May 2018, Commander, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. June 2018 – present, Deputy Assistant Secretary (Contracting), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology, & Logistics, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2008 – July 2010, ISR/UAS Programs Evaluator, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a lieutenant colonel.
2. August 2010 – August 2011, Commander, Defense Contract Management Agency-Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan as a colonel.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
2000 Secretary of the Air Force Professionalism in Contracting Award
2002 Aeronautical Systems Center Outstanding Contingency Contracting Officer
2003 Air Education and Training Command Professionalism in Contracting Award
2005 ACSC Dean’s Award for Outstanding Research, International Security Studies
2005 Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition) Team of the Year
2006 Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition) Team of the Year
2008 Walker Paper Award, Strategic Studies Quarterly, Air University
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug.18, 1990
First Lieutenant Feb. 1, 1993
Captain Feb. 1, 1995
Major Feb. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2006
Colonel Sept.1, 2010
Brigadier General Sept. 2, 2015
Major General Oct. 12, 2018
(Current as of October 2018)