Laura N. Jankovich, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Auditor General and dual hatted as the Assistant Auditor General for the Field Activities Directorate. She is responsible for planning and executing policies, programs, and procedures to provide audit service to commanders and other clients at all operational major commands and their installations in the areas of logistics; financial; personnel; morale, recreation, and welfare; computer and communications; personnel; and mission support management. Her duties include oversight for 50 locations and over 630 personnel across the Air Force.
Ms. Jankovich began her federal career with the Air Force Audit Agency in 1992. Prior to her current position, she was the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Operations, where she directed Army's worldwide financial operations programs, with budgets of between 8 and 10 billion dollars, including 800 auditors and inspectors. As the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-8 (Comptroller), United States Army in Europe, she managed a budget of $1.8 billion, manpower of 4,400 positions, and international agreements with 32 countries. As the Chief Financial Officer for DFAS, she was responsible for building, executing and accounting for a $1.5 billion working capital fund and manpower for 13,000 positions. As the Director, Internal Review, she managed independent audits, investigations, and an audit liaison function. Ms. Jankovich is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and is Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt certified. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2009.
1992 Bachelors of Science, business administration, Mississippi College, Clinton, Miss.
2008 Masters of Business Administration, Strayer University
2009 Federal Executive Institute's Leadership in a Democratic Society
2017 Vanguard Senior Executive Course
2018 Advanced Senior Leader Development Seminar
1. August 2014 – August 2015, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Operations, Headquarters, Department of the Army, Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
2. July 2012 – August 2014, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-8 (Comptroller), Headquarters, United States Army Europe
3. July 2010 – July 2012, Chief Financial Officer, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Indianapolis
4. July 2009 – November 2010, Director for Internal Review, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Indianapolis
5. September 2005 – July 2009, Supervisory Auditor, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Indianapolis
6. August 2002 – September 2005, Supervisory Auditor, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Columbus, Ohio
7. February 2002 – August 2002, Budget Analyst, Department of the Air Force, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. August 2000 – February 2002, Audit Manager, Department of the Air Force, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. July 1999 – August 2000, Auditor, Department of the Air Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
10. December 1996 – July 1999, Audit Manager, Department of the Air Force, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. May 1992 – December 1996, Auditor, Department of the Air Force, Eglin AFB, Fla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2014 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2008 Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) Financial Management Award for the Innovative Use of Technology
2003 President's Council on Integrity and Efficiency Award for Excellence
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Society of Military Comptrollers
Association of Government Accountants
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
1999 Certified Public Accountant, Ohio
2000 Certified Internal Auditor
2015 DoD Financial Management, Level III Certification
2018 Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification
(Current as of May 2018)