Monica A. Anders, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director of Resources, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. She serves as the principal adviser to the AFIMSC commander for all resourcing matters, delivering installation and mission support capabilities Air Force wide. She and her team effectively manage annual execution of more than $6 billion in combat and mission support funding, bringing accurate and timely intermediate-level guidance for financial services functions, including oversight of financial improvement and audit readiness efforts for these programs. She also provides executive leadership and vision for strategic and operational-level activities to formulate effective and analytically based resourcing policies. Her Directorate’s program execution ensures that Air Force enterprise-wide installation and mission support requirements, valued at more than $22 billion in the Future Years Defense Program, are integrated and centrally advocated through existing Air Force and Department of Defense planning, programming and budgeting processes.
Ms. Anders began her career in 1984 in the Flight Dynamics Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She most recently served as Deputy Director of Financial Management, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. She was responsible for the financial planning and fiscal execution of more than 35 percent of the Air Force appropriated budget, to include the Air Force's research, development, test, acquisition, working capital fund and sustainment programs. Prior to that, she served as Deputy Director, Financial Management and Comptroller, Air Combat Command overseeing a $47 billion program with 112 funding points around the globe. Ms. Anders also served as an Appropriation Manager for the Secretary of the Air Force Budget Investment Division located at the Pentagon with responsibilities to formulate and defend Air Force budgets to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Office of Management and Budget and congressional committees. A graduate of the Industrial College of the Armed Forces, she has held a variety of financial management positions within Aeronautical Systems Center Program Offices to include special operations forces, F-15 and F-22 fighters, Tri-Service Standoff Attack Missile, B-2 bomber, advanced tactical aircraft, Maverick missile and reconnaissance programs.
1988 Master of Business Administration, Wright State University, Fairborn, Ohio
1993 Professional Military Comptroller School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Executive Excellence Seminar, Carnegie Mellon University, Dayton, Ohio
2001 Advanced Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Ft. Belvoir, Va.
2003 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif.
2005 Master of Science, National Security Strategy, International College of the Armed Forces, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2012 Senior Executive Fellows, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Mass.
1. August 1984 - August 1988, Financial Management Trainee, Aeronautical System Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2. August 1988 - May 1990, Cost Analyst, Infrared Maverick Missile Systems Program Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. May 1990 - August 1990, Cost Analyst, Advanced Tactical Aircraft SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. August 1990 - March 1994, Financial Manager, B-2 SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. March 1994 - June 1995, Earned Value Analyst, Tri-Service Standoff Attack Missile SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. June 1995 - October 1997, Staff Cost Analyst, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. October 1997 - January 2001, Supervisory Financial Analyst, F-22 SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. January 2001 - April 2001, Student, Defense Systems Management College, Ft. Belvoir, Va.
9. April 2001 - October 2001, Strategic Planning Analyst, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. October 2001 - August 2004, Chief Financial Officer, F-15 SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. August 2004 - June 2005, Student, International College of the Armed Forces, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2005 - January 2006, Appropriation Manager, Secretary of the Air Force Budget Investment Division, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. January 2006 - January 2007, Chief Financial Officer, Special Operations Forces, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. January 2007 - April 2007, Deputy, Financial Analysis Division, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. April 2007 - May 2010, Chief, Working Capital Fund Division, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. May 2010 - April 2012, Chief Financial Officer, Agile Combat Support Program Executive Officer/Directorate, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. April 2012 - February 2014, Deputy Director, Financial Management and Comptroller, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
18. February 2014 - September 2015, Deputy Director, Financial Management, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
19. September 2015 - present, Resources Director, AFIMSC, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
1992 Level III, Acquisition Financial Management
1996 Certified Government Financial Manager
2002 Level I, Program Management
2004 Certified Defense Financial Manager
2015 Level III, Office of the Secretary of Defense Financial Management Certification
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
2015 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2012 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Numerous Special Act/Service Awards
(Current as of March 2018)