David H. Dentino, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Executive Director, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. In this position, he assists the Commander in leading a more than 2,200-person Civil Engineer Center responsible for providing responsive, flexible, full-spectrum installation engineering services. AFCEC missions include facility investment planning, design and construction, operations support, real property management, energy assurance, environmental compliance and restoration, and readiness and emergency management. The unit conducts its operations at more than 77 locations worldwide. In these roles, he directly oversees the execution of over $11.8 billion in contracts across all civil engineer responsibilities.
Mr. Dentino graduated from the University of Texas and began his service with the Air Force in 1989. He has a wide variety of engineering, environmental, and construction experience. He has held positions at squadron, group, major command, and field operating agency levels. Most recently, Mr. Dentino served as the inaugural Director, Installation Support Directorate at the Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, where he was responsible for providing resourcing and guidance to Air Force units worldwide in the fields of installation engineering, communications, force protection, emergency management, air and ground transportation logistics, chaplain programs, and morale, welfare and recreation programs. In this position, he was integral to the standup of the Air Force’s first centralized center responsible for integrated installation and mission support activities. Previously, Mr. Dentino was the Deputy Director of the Installations Directorate at the Air Force Civil Engineer Center. He has also served as the first civilian leader for the Air Force’s largest stateside civil engineer squadron.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, University of Texas, Austin
1992 Master of Science, Engineering Management, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2007 Executive Development Seminar, Office of Personnel Management, Shepherdstown, W.Va.
2007 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Emergency Operations Center Director, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Fire Marshall Course, Air Force Fire Academy, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2014 Enterprise Leadership Program, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2015 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 APEX, Washington, D.C.
1. January 1989–October 1992, Staff Civil Engineer and Staff Environmental Engineer, 1st Civil Engineering Squadron, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
2. October 1992–October 1994, Program Manager, Environmental Restoration Division Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
3. October 1994–April 1996, Program Manager, Environmental Restoration Division Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. April 1996–December 1998, Team Chief, Headquarters Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence, Brooks AFB, Texas
5. December 1998–October 2001, Chief, Environmental Plans and Analysis, Deputy Division Chief Environmental Division, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
6. October 2001–February 2003, Chief Engineering and Construction Flight, 86th Civil Engineer Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
7. February 2003–May 2005, Deputy Base Civil Engineer, 325th CES, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
8. May 2005–July 2006, Deputy Commander, 100th Mission Support Group, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
9. July 2006–July 2010, Deputy Civil Engineer, Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
10. July 2010–November 2012, Director, 802d Civil Engineer Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
11. November 2012–March 2014, Chief, Integration Division, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
12. March 2014–November 2015, Deputy Director, Installation Directorate, AFCEC, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
13. November 2015–December 2020, Director, Installation Support Directorate, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
14. December 2020–present, Executive Director, AFCEC, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
AWARDS AND HONORS
Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Harry P. Reitman Award, Air Education and Training Command
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Society of American Military Engineers, San Antonio Post
International Facility Management Association
Certified Facility Manager
(Current as of March 2021)