Jeffrey D. Specht is Executive Director, Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3), Linthicum, Maryland. Operating under Secretary of the Air Force executive agency, DC3 functions as a designated national cyber center and as a Department of Defense Center of Excellence for digital and multimedia forensics. Mr. Specht directs a business and technology support directorate and five functional directorates to deliver capabilities DOD-wide. These include developing and delivering digital forensic lab services and technical solutions to DOD law enforcement and counterintelligence, or LE/CI, organizations; training LE/CI cyber specialists as well as Enterprise and Cyber Mission Forces; and performing sharply focused technical analyses for DOD LE/CI cyber operations. As the operational focal point for the voluntary Defense Industrial Base Cybersecurity Program, DC3 delivers actionable threat products and analyses for DIB CS participants. DC3 is also the single DOD repository to receive and analyze mandatory cyber incident reporting from 100K DIB companies incident to statute or DOD policy; and notify Combatant Commands, Services and Agencies, as well as de-conflicting response activities with DOD and federal mission partners.
A career special agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, he directed and led LE/CI investigations and operations at every Air Force level, with career broadening opportunities as a Legislative Fellow and as Deputy Director, Office of Security and Counterintelligence, National Reconnaissance Office. Prior to assuming his current position, Mr. Specht was the AFOSI Executive Director, serving as principal deputy of the Air Force’s worldwide federal LE/CI agency; a force of 2,200 federally credentialed special agents and 1,000 professional staff operating at 254 locations around the globe. He oversaw the headquarters staff, field operations, and the AFOSI Special Investigations Career Program. He was also responsible for executive level policy coordination, liaison, and representation to national and international organizations.
1993 Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
1995 Master of Public Administration, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Capitol Hill Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2011 Master of National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2012 Defense Senior Leader Development Program, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Arlington, Va.
2015 DOD APEX, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Arlington, Va.
2017 Federal Bureau of Investigation National Executive Institute, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.
2018 Senior Executives in National & International Security, Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, Mass.
1. April 1995 - July 1997, Criminal Investigator, AFOSI Detachment 104, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
2. July 1997 - July 2000, Chief, Fraud Investigations Division, AFOSI Detachment 515, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
3. July 2000 - June 2001, Chief, Counterintelligence Requirements, Headquarters AFOSI, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. June 2001 - October 2002, Chief, Commander's Action Group, HQ AFOSI, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. October 2002 - August 2003, Congressional Fellow, Secretary of the Air Force Legislative Liaison Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
6. August 2003 - July 2005, Special Agent in Charge, AFOSI Detachment 703, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. July 2005 - June 2008, Special Agent in Charge, AFOSI Detachment 340, MacDill AFB, Fla.
8. June 2008 - April 2009, Deputy Director, Air Force Special Investigations Academy, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Glynco, Ga.
9. April 2009 - August 2010, Director, Air Force Special Investigations Academy, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Glynco, Ga.
10. August 2010 - June 2011, student, National War College, Ft McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2011 - November 2012, Deputy Director, Office of Security and Counterintelligence, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
12. November 2012 - November 2018, Executive Director, HQ AFOSI, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.
13. November 2018 - present, Executive Director, DC3, Linthicum, Md.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award Medal
AFOSI Civilian Special Agent of the Year, 1998
AFOSI Senior Civilian Special Agent of the Year, 2009
Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award Medal (x5)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
Chair, IACP Global Policing Division Steering Committee - Advisory Committee (GPDSC-AC)
Law Enforcement and Security Liaison Officers Association
National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA)
(Current as of January 2019)