Brig. Gen. Douglas K. Lamberth is the Inspector General, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. He leads a selectively manned unit inspecting the command's readiness by validating and verifying commanders’ inspection programs. He oversees unit effectiveness inspections, nuclear surety inspections and nuclear operational readiness inspections for 67 active duty, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve units worldwide, totaling more than 124,000 personnel. He ensures a command-wide environment of continuous improvement, efficiency, safety and responsiveness to the needs of the command's people and organizations.
General Lamberth earned his commission through Air Force ROTC at the University of Texas at Arlington. He has served as the Vice Superintendent at the U.S. Air Force Academy, as Director of Mobility Forces for the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility and on the Headquarters Air Mobility Command staff. General Lamberth has commanded an air mobility operations wing, an air mobility command air refueling squadron and an Air Force expeditionary air refueling squadron. He completed a joint tour as U. S. Transportation Command's Liaison Officer to the United Nations Command, Combined Forces Command and U.S. Forces-Korea at Yongsan U.S. Army Garrison in Seoul, South Korea. Before entering Air Force ROTC, General Lamberth attained the rank of staff sergeant when he served the Air Force on both active duty and Reserve as an enlisted Airman.
1990 Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington
1995 Master of Arts, Management, Webster University, St. Louis
1997 Squadron Officer School, distinguished graduate,
Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 US Air Force Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2014 National and International Securities Leadership Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. February 1984 – April 1984, Basic Military Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1984 – July 1984, Student Technical Training School, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. July 1984 – September 1988, Target Intelligence Specialist, 7th Bomb Wing and 301st Tactical Fighter Wing (AFRES), Carswell AFB, Texas
4. September 1988 – May 1990, AFROTC, University of Texas at Arlington
5. March 1991 – February 1992, Student Air Traffic Control Officer, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
6. February 1992 – March 1993, Student Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
7. March 1993 – July 1993, Student C-141B Combat Crew Training School, Altus AFB, Okla.
8. July 1993 – January 1997, Instructor Pilot C-141B, Pilot Scheduler and Executive Officer, 20th and 15th Airlift Squadrons, Charleston AFB, S.C.
9. January 1997 – August 1999, Combat Crew Training School Evaluator Pilot, C-141B Pilot/Navigator Training Manager and Special Assistant to the Operations Group Commander, 97th Air Mobility Wing, Altus AFB, Okla.
10. August 1999 – August 2001, MAJCOM Regional Operations Dir, Tanker Airlift Control Center, and Chief of Airlift Operations Policy, Directorate of Operations, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. August 2001 – August 2003, Assistant Director of Operations and KC-10A Instructor Pilot, 32nd Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
12. August 2003 – June 2004, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. June 2004 – July 2007, 305th Air Mobility Wing Chief of Safety and Commander, 2nd Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J. (September 2006 – January 2007, Commander 908th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron, Southwest Asia)
14. July 2007 – May 2008, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
15. May 2008 – July 2010, USTRANSCOM LNO to UNC/CFC/USFK, Yongsan USAG, South Korea
16. July 2010 – May 2012, Vice Commander, 22nd Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, Kan. (September 2011 – January 2012, AFCENT Deputy Director of Mobility Forces, Southwest Asia)
17. May 2012 – July 2014, Commander, 515th Air Mobility Operations Wing, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Hawaii
18. July 2014 – December 2016, Vice Superintendent, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
19. December 2016 - present, Inspector General, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.(January 2017 – May 2017, AFCENT Director of Mobility Forces, Southwest Asia)
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 2008 – July 2010, USTRANSCOM LNO to UNC/CFC/USFK, Yongsan, South Korea, as a colonel
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,500
Aircraft flown: T-37B, T-38A, C-141B, KC-10A and KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with one device
Southwest Asia Service Medal with one device
Korean Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 19, 1990
First Lieutenant Oct. 19, 1992
Captain Oct. 19, 1994
Major Dec. 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2005
Colonel Oct. 1, 2008
Brigadier General Jan. 1, 2016
(Current as of September 2017)