Ms. Lynda T. Rutledge, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Program Executive Officer for the Air Force Mobility and Training Aircraft Programs in the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She leads more than 2,200 military, civilian and contractor personnel and is responsible for program execution and executive management responsibilities of all ACAT I, II, III and sustainment programs in the Air Force’s $61 billion airlift, tanker and training aircraft portfolio to include the C-5, C-17, C-130J, C-130 Legacy, C-208, E-9, KC-10, KC-46, KC-135, T-1, T-6, T-38 and T-7 aircraft.
In her previous assignment she was the Program Executive Officer of the Agile Combat Support Directorate, where she led one of the Air Force’s most diverse materiel systems directorates with more than 1,600 military, civilian, and contractor personnel charged with executing an annual budget of approximately $9 billion.
Ms. Rutledge began her career with the Air Force in 1989 and has served in multiple acquisition, staff and career broadening assignments.
1986 Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, University of Florida, Gainesville
1991 Master of Science, Systems Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville
2007 Executive Program Manager’s Course, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2009 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. May 1989–August 1993, Mathematician, Test and Analysis Directorate, Freeman Computer Sciences Center, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
2. August 1993–August 1995, Analyst, Test and Analysis Directorate, Freeman Computer Sciences Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. August 1995–February 1997, Systems Engineer, Joint Air to Surface Standoff Missile System Program Office, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. February 1997–March 2002, Program Manager, Miniaturized Munitions Capability/Small Diameter Bomb Program, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. March 2002–July 2003, Director, Acquisition Center of Excellence, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. July 2003–December 2003, Deputy Director, Precision Strike Systems Program Office, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. December 2003–August 2005, Chief, Technology Transition and Concept Development, Capabilities Integration Directorate, Eglin AFB, Fla.
8. August 2005–June 2009, Director, 708th Armament Systems Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. July 2009–June 2012, Chief, Acquisition Support Division, Resources and Assessments (J8), U.S. Southern Command, Miami
10. July 2012–March 2015, Deputy Program Executive Officer, Fighters and Bombers Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. March 2015–March 2018, Program Executive Officer and Director for Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. March 2018–present, Program Executive Officer for Mobility and Training Aircraft Programs, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Program Management-Level III
Science & Engineering, Test & Evaluation-Level II
Business Cost Estimating & Financial Management-Level II
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
2003 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2006 Secretary of the Air Force Acquisition Leadership Award, Civilian System Program Director
2007 Secretary of the Air Force Acquisition Leadership Award, Civilian System Program Director
2007 Air Force Association Management Award, Executive Division
2009 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2010 Joint Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2012 Joint Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2015 DoD Distinguished Civilian Service Award
2019 Presidential Rank Award for Meritorious Service
(Current as of June 2020)