Steven J. Morani, a member of the Department of Defense Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Mr. Morani develops and directs policy for depot overhaul, repair and modification of Air Force weapon systems, as well as munitions, supply, logistics plans, transportation and packaging methods and logistics data systems. Mr. Morani plans and coordinates product support and acquisition logistics for all fielded and emerging Air Force weapon systems, as well as establishes guidance for Air Force retail and wholesale supply chain management of spare parts valued at more than $5.8 billion.
Mr. Morani enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in June 1983. In 1987 he was commissioned as a second lieutenant through the Officer Training School program. After completing more than 28 years of active military service, he retired at the rank of colonel, last serving as the Chief, Materiel Support Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force and transitioned to the federal civilian service.
1987 Bachelor of Science in Management, Park College, Mo.
1992 Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Master of Business Administration in Aviation Management, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
1999 Marine Corps Command and Staff College, Distinguished Graduate, Quantico, Va.
2004 Air War College, Non-Resident Program
2005 Master of Science in National Resource Management, Industrial College of the Armed Forced, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2009 Program for Executives in Logistics, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2010 National Security Management Course, Maxwell School of Public Affairs, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. September 1983 – February 1987, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician, 82nd Civil Engineer Squadron, Williams Air Force Base, Ariz.
2. March 1987 – May 1987, trainee, Officers Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. June 1987 – August 1987, student, Munitions Officers School, Lowry AFB, Colo.
4. September 1987 – August 1989, Officer in Charge, Weapons Storage Area, 320th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Mather AFB, Calif.
5. September 1989 – December 1991, Chief, Conventional Munitions Branch, 43rd Munitions Maintenance Squadron and 633rd Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
6. January 1992 – December 1995, Flight Commander, Sortie Generation, 421st Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
7. January 1995 – January 1996, Program Manager, Cartridge and Propellant Actuated Devices, Commodities Directorate, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
8. February 1996 – June 1998, Staff Officer, Logistics Division, Headquarters Allied Air Forces Southern Europe, NATO, Naples, Italy
9. July 1998 – June 1999, student, United States Marine Corps Command and Staff College, Quantico, Va.
10. July 1999 – October 2000, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 34th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
11. November 2000 – December 2001, Commander, 388th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
12. January 2002 – June 2004, Commandant, USAF Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
13. July 2004 – May 2005, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2005 – June 2007, Chief, Maintenance Division, Joint Staff Directorate for Logistics, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2007 – June 2009, Commander, 82 nd Training Group, Sheppard AFB, Texas
16. July 2009 – May 2011, Chief, Materiel Support Division, Directorate of Logistics, Air Force Headquarters, Pentagon, Washington D.C
17. June 2011 – January 2016, Deputy Chief, Maintenance Division, Joint Staff Directorate for Logistics, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
18. January 2016 – February 2017, Deputy Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Air Force Headquarters, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
19. February 2017 – Present, Deputy Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
MAJOR AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
National Defense Industrial Association
Logistics Officer Association
Certified Acquisition Professional, Level III Life Cycle Logistics
(Current as of January 2018)