Lt. Gen. John P. Healy is the Chief of Air Force Reserve, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia, and Commander, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. As Chief of Air Force Reserve, he serves as principal adviser on reserve matters to the Secretary of the Air Force and the Air Force Chief of Staff. As Commander of Air Force Reserve Command, he has full responsibility for the supervision of all Air Force Reserve units around the world.
Lt. Gen. Healy was commissioned through the ROTC program at the University of Connecticut in 1989. He was part of the initial cadre for the C-17 Globemaster III program and has commanded at the squadron, Vice Wing, and Numbered Air Force level. Additionally, his joint experience includes Division Chief of Current Operations to the U.S. Central Command Deployment and Distribution Operations Center, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, and J7-Director of Exercises and Assessments and Advisor on Reserve Component Affairs for U.S. European Command at Patch Barracks in Stuttgart, Germany.
Prior to his current position, Lt. Gen. Healy served as the Deputy to the Chief of Air Force Reserve, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia, assisting the Chief of Air Force Reserve.
1989 Bachelor of Arts, Communications, University of Connecticut, Storrs
1996 Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1996 Master of Arts, Business Administration Computer Information Management, Webster University, Webster Groves, Mo.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Leadership Today and Tomorrow, Washington, D.C.
2008 Reserve Component National Security Course, Washington, D.C.
2010 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2011 NATO Senior Officer Policy Course, Oberammergau, Germany
2011 Director of Mobility Forces Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1. March 1990–February 1991, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
2. February 1991–August 1994, C-141 Starlifter Air Refueling and Airdrop Aircraft Commander, Scheduler, 18th Airlift Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J. 3. August 1994–March 1997, C-17 Globemaster III Initial Cadre, Flight Commander, Evaluator Pilot, 17th AS, Charleston AFB, S.C.
4. March 1997–April 1999, Assistant Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 97th Airlift Wing, Altus AFB, Okla.
5. April 1999–November 2002, Instructor Pilot, 701st AS, Charleston AFB, S.C.
6. November 2002–March 2006, Flight Commander/Evaluator Pilot, 337th AS, Westover Air Reserve Base, Mass.
7. March 2006–December 2006, Contingency War Plans Officer, 439th Operations Group, Westover ARB, Mass.
8. October 2007–October 2008, Reserve Chief Pilot, 337th AS, Westover ARB, Mass.
9. October 2008–October 2009, Operations Officer, 337th AS, Westover ARB, Mass.
10. October 2009–December 2010, Commander, 337th AS, Westover ARB, Mass.
11. January 2011–June 2012, 439th AW Vice Commander, Westover ARB, Mass.
12. June 2012–February 2013, 439th AW Special Assistant to the Commander, Westover ARB, Mass.
13. February 2013–September 2014, Chief Air Reserve Command, Future Concepts Division, Strategic Planning Directorate, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters Air Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. October 2014–January 2015, Reserve Deputy Director of Planning, Strategic Planning Directorate, Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Requirements, Headquarters Air Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
15. January 2015–July 2017, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 618th Air Operations Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. July 2017–July 2019, Director, Exercises and Assessments and Senior Reserve Component Advisor to the Commander, Headquarters U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany.
17. July 2019–July 2021, Commander, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
18. July 2021-August 2022, Deputy to the Chief of Air Force Reserve, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
19. August 2022-present, Chief of Air Force Reserve, headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.; and Commander of Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. March 2012–September 2012, Division Chief, Current Operations, U.S. Central Command Deployment and Distribution Operations Center, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, as a colonel
2. July 2017–July 2019, Director of Exercise and Assessments Directorate, U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany, as a brigadier general and major general
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: more than 5,000 military hours, including 402 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, C-141B, C-17A, C-5A/B, B737 and A320
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Combat Action Medal
ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Reserve Officers Association Airlift and Tanker Association
Second Lieutenant Oct. 11, 1989
First Lieutenant Oct. 11, 1991
Captain Oct. 11, 1993
Major Oct. 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 17, 2006
Colonel March 2, 2011
Brigadier General March 30, 2016
Major General Dec. 12, 2018
Lieutenant General Aug. 3, 2022
(Current as of August 2022)