Tonico Beope, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Contracting, Air Force Special Access Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C. Mr. Beope is responsible for oversight and support of the Air Force Classified Contracting portfolio at Headquarters Air Force level valued at greater than $40B and career development and training for more than 50 military and civilian acquisition professionals. He is the senior adviser to the Service Acquisition Executive on acquisition strategy, execution and policy and procedures for classified contracting.
Additionally, Mr. Beope is the Director of Contracting for the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office, Office of the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C. Alongside the director, he directs contracting activities for selected study, development and fielding activities tasked directly by the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, the Secretary of the Air Force, the Chief of Staff of the Air Force and the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition.
Prior to his current assignment, Mr. Beope served as Deputy Director, Army Contracting Command-Redstone. He has been the lead contracting officer on multiple programs, including operational, research and development, production and sustainment contracts. Mr. Beope has deployed multiple times in support of Operation Southern Watch, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. Additionally, he has served on the Headquarters Staff and Joint Staff in many positions including Director of Operations, Joint Contracting Command Iraq/Afghanistan.
2004 Bachelors of Science, Management, Park University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2007 Master of Arts, Procurement Management, Webster University, Washington, D.C.
2013 Air War College, Air University Distance Learning, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Ala.
2014 Master of Science in National Resource Strategy, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2014 Senior Acquisition Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. April 1997 - April 2003, Finance/Contract Specialist, 5th Contracting Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
2. May 2003 - June 2005, Contracting Officer, 61st Contracting Squadron and Military Satellite Communications System Program Office, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
3. July 2005 - January 2008, Branch Chief/Contracting Officer, 11th Contracting Squadron, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C.
4. February 2008 - June 2009, Division Chief, Air Force Medical Contracting, AFDW, JBAB, Washington, D.C.
5. June 2009 - June 2010, Director of Operations/Chief of Policy, Joint Contracting Command Iraq/Afghanistan, Department of the Army, Baghdad, Iraq.
6. June 2010 - August 2013, Division Chief, Strategic Combat Systems Contracts, Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition,JBAB, Washington, D.C.
7. August 2013 - June 2014, student, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, DC.
8. June 2014 - May 2016, Deputy Director, Army Contracting Command – Redstone, Redstone Arsenal, Ala.
9. May 2016 - present, Director of Contracting, Air Force Special Access Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, JBAB, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Larry Kabase Excellence in Air Force Classified Contracting Award (Team)
Joint Civilian Service Commendation Award
Exemplary Civilian Service Award
Special Act or Service Award
Contracting, Level III, Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act
Member of the Acquisition Corps
(Current as of March 2018)