Brig. Gen. Tracey A. Siems is the Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Budget, Arlington, Virginia. She provides direction and guidance on policies, programs and plans encompassing Air Force-wide financial management innovation and transformation activities. While assigned to SAF/FM, Brig. Gen. Siems served as the Acting Chief Information Officer, overseeing implementation of the Air Force-wide Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System program.
Brig. Gen. Siems was commissioned upon graduation from the U.S. Air Force Academy in June 1988. She is a financial management officer with experience at the squadron, wing, major command and headquarters levels while serving on active duty, the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve.
Prior to this assignment, Brig. Gen. Siems served as Chief, Air Force Reserve Financial Operations, Office of the Air Force Reserve, and as Senior Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Director, Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command. She also served as the Air Force Reserve Comptroller and as the Director of Financial Management Analysis for Pacific Air Forces in support of operation Enduring Freedom.
In her civilian career, Brig. Gen. Siems is a Senior Information Technology Security Manager at a private insurance company. She also holds professional designations as a Certified Purchasing Manager, Project Management Professional, and a Chartered Financial Consultant. She also earned the Defense Department’s Financial Management Certification Level 3.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Economics, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1993 Masters of Science, Management, Troy University, Fort Lee, Va.
1993 Financial Management Staff Officers Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 National and International Security Leadership Seminar, Capitol Hill Club, Washington, D.C.
2016 Systems Acquisition Course for General Officers, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2016 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense Business, San Antonio
2017 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. September 1988-August 1990, Deputy Accounting and Finance Officer, 375th Comptroller Squadron, and Chief, Resource Management Branch, 1974th Communications Group, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
2. August 1990-November 1991, Accounting and Finance Officer, 1605th Military Airlift Support Wing, Lajes Air Field, Azores, Portugal
3. November 1991-April 1994, Accounting and Finance Officer and Budget Officer, 435th Comptroller Squadron, Rhein-Main Air Base, Germany
4. April 1994-February 1996, Financial Analyst, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
5. November 1996-January 1998, Deputy Chief, 182nd Services Flight, 182nd Airlift Wing, Peoria Air National Guard Base, Ill.
6. January 1998-May 2003, Comptroller, 182nd Airlift Wing, Peoria ANGB, Ill.
7. May 2003-May 2009, Financial Manager, Directorate of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. May 2009-March 2011, Senior Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Director of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. March 2011-July 2014, Chief, Air Force Reserve Financial Operations, Directorate of Financial Management and Comptroller, Office of the Air Force Reserve, Arlington, Va.
10. July 2014-present, Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Budget, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1988
First Lieutenant June 1, 1990
Captain June 1, 1992
Major Oct. 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 18, 2005
Colonel March 13, 2011
Brigadier General July 1, 2016
(Current as of November 2019)