Maj. Gen. Linda S. Hurry is the Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. She is responsible for organizing, training and equipping more than 180,000 logisticians who maintain and support mission generation and the aerospace weapons system inventory. She provides strategic guidance for materiel management, fuels, vehicle operations and management, deployment and distribution, personal property, traffic management, and logistics plans. The general develops policy and oversees force development for logistics readiness, maintenance and munitions, ensuring the readiness of the single largest element of manpower supporting Air Force combat forces globally.
Maj. Gen. Hurry graduated from the Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado, in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Pre-law and Legal Studies.
She is a joint staff officer who performed duties as a Logistics Readiness Officer at numerous wing, major command and combatant command levels, and as an Aircraft Maintenance Officer at base level within the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex. The general served as the Commander of the 635th Supply Chain Operations Wing where she ran the Air Force’s operational supply chains. She also served as the Director of Expeditionary Support for the Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center. Prior to her current position, she was the Commander, Defense Supply Center Richmond and Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, where she oversaw combat logistics and supply chain operations, and management for aviation and nuclear assets across the Department of Defense.
1991 Bachelor of Science, Pre-law and Legal studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1994 Master of Science, Logistics Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I. 2006 Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2010 Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellowship, Caterpillar, Inc., Decatur and Downers Grove, Ill.
2012 LOGTECH Advanced Program in Logistics and Technology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2012 Senior Leader Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2014 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2017 LOGTECH Executive Program in Logistics and Technology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2018 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Capitol Hill Workshop, Washington, D.C.
1. August 1991‒October 1991, Student, Transportation Officer Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2. October 1991‒March 1994, Vehicle Maintenance, Operations and Combat Readiness Officer, 23rd Transportation Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
3. March 1994‒August 1995, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. August 1995‒April 1999, Chief, Combat Readiness Planning and Chief, Traffic Management Branch, Transportation Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
5. April 1999‒April 2001, Senior Maintenance Officer and Chief Quality Assurance Evaluator, 71st Operations Group, Vance AFB, Okla.
6. April 2001‒June 2003, Aerial Port Flight Commander and Director of Operations, 731st Air Mobility Squadron, Osan Air Base, South Korea
7. July 2003‒July 2005, Commander, 92nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
8. August 2005‒June 2006, Student, Distinguished Graduate, Naval Command and Staff College, Newport, R.I.
9. July 2006‒September 2006, Student, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
10. October 2006–June 2009, Change Management and Joint Logistician Development Branch Chief and Deputy, Legislative Affairs Division, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. June 2009–June 2010, Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellow, Caterpillar, Inc., Decatur and Downers Grove, Ill.
12. July 2010–February 2011, Executive Assistant to the Commander, Commander's Action Group, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
13. February 2011–July 2013, Commander, 735th Supply Chain Operations Group, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
14. August 2013–July 2014, Deputy Commander for Maintenance, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. July 2014–August 2016, Commander, 635th Supply Chain Operations Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. August 2016–June 2017, Director, Expeditionary Support, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
17. June 2017–July 2019, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Va.
18. July 2019–present, Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. October 2006–June 2009, Change Management and Joint Logistician Development Branch Chief and Deputy, Legislative Affairs Division, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., as a lieutenant colonel
2. July 2010–February 2011, Executive Assistant to the Commander, Commander's Action Group, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill., as a colonel
3. June 2017–July 2019, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Va., as a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster Airlift Tanker Association Young Leadership Award
National Defense University Foundation Award
(Current as of October 2021)