Lt. Gen. Stayce D. Harris is the Inspector General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C. In this capacity, she reports to the Secretary and Chief of Staff of the Air Force on matters concerning Air Force effectiveness, efficiency and the military discipline of active duty, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard forces. She also provides inspection policy and oversees the inspection and evaluation system for all Air Force nuclear and conventional forces; oversees Air Force counterintelligence operations; investigates fraud, waste and abuse; oversees criminal investigations and provides oversight of complaints resolution programs. General Harris is responsible for two field operating agencies: the Air Force Inspection Agency and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
General Harris received a commission in the Air Force through the University of Southern California's Air Force ROTC program. She served on active duty until joining the Air Force Reserve in 1991. Her staff assignments include serving as a mobility force planner for the Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Operations and as the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force. She has commanded an airlift squadron, an expeditionary operations group, an air refueling wing and a numbered air force. Prior to her current position, General Harris served as the Assistant Vice Chief of Staff and Director, Air Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
1981 Bachelor of Science degree in industrial and systems engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
1987 Master of Aviation Management degree, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
1988 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1996 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2000 Air War College, by correspondence
2006 Director of Mobility Forces Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2007 Joint Force Reserve Orientation Course, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
2009 Senior Leader Executive Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2010 Senior Executives for National and International Security, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2010 Capstone General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2012 Fellow, Seminar XXI, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1. April 1982 - October 1983, Squadron Section Commander, Chief of Industrial Engineering, 2849th Civil Engineering Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
2. November 1983 - October 1984, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
3. November 1984 - February 1985, C-141B Initial Qualification Course, Altus AFB, Okla.
4. March 1985 - August 1990, Airlift Operations Officer and C-141B Aircraft Commander, 63rd Airlift Control Squadron; Squadron Executive Officer and Chief of Training, 14th Military Airlift Squadron, Norton AFB, Calif.
5. March 1991 - February 1995, Air Operations Officer and C-141B Pilot, 445th Airlift Control Flight, 445th Airlift Wing, March AFB, Calif.
6. February 1995 - January 1997, Mobility Force Planner, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. January 1997 - January 2000, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. February 2000 - January 2001, Reserve Deputy Commander, 452nd Operations Group, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
9. January 2001 - April 2002, Commander, 729th Airlift Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
10. May 2002 - May 2005, Vice Commander, 507th Air Refueling Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla. (July 2003 - October 2003, Commander, 494th Air Expeditionary Group, Morón Air Base, Spain)
11. May 2005 - August 2008, Commander, 459th Air Refueling Wing, Andrews AFB, Md.
12. August 2008 - July 2009, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Strategic Plans, Requirements and Programs, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
13. July 2009 - July 2012, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, U. S. Africa Command, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. July 2012 - February 2014, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 18th Air Force, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. February 2014 - July 2014, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. July 2014 - July 2016, Commander, 22nd Air Force, AFRC, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
17. August 2016 – November 2017, Assistant Vice Chief of Staff and Director, Air Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
18. November 2017 - present, Inspector General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2009 - July 2012, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, U. S. Africa Command, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a brigadier general
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2,500 hours in military aircraft
Aircraft flown: C-130H, KC-135R, C-141B/C, T-38 and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with bronze hourglass
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Reserve Officers Association
Air Force Sergeants Association
Tuskegee Airmen Inc.
Women Military Aviators
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Feb. 13, 1982
First Lieutenant Feb. 13, 1984
Captain Feb. 13, 1986
Major March 5, 1993
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 18, 1998
Colonel April 1, 2002
Brigadier General April 2, 2009
Major General Dec. 20, 2013
Lieutenant General Aug. 19, 2016
(Current as of November 2017)