Brigadier General John C. Kubinec is the Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. As the commander, he serves a world-class workforce of over 7,200 military and civilian personnel. The complex performs programmed depot maintenance and modification on all variants of the F-15, C-130, C-5, C-17, and special operations forces aircraft. Additionally, he is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of diverse aircraft components, avionics and electronic warfare equipment along with development and sustainment of mission critical software, test program sets and automated test equipment.
Gen. Kubinec is a native of Greensburg, Pennsylvania, and received his commission from the Air Force Academy in 1992. He is a career aircraft/munitions maintenance officer and has commanded at the squadron, group and wing levels as well as served in key staff positions at the center, major command, headquarters and combatant command levels. Prior to his current position, he served as the senior special assistant to the Supreme Allied Commander, Europe and Commander of United States European Command.
1992 Bachelor of Science degree in Military History, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Master of Arts degree in Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington D.C.
2006 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 Master of Science Degree in Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Ala.
2009 Master of Science Degree in National Security Strategy, National War College, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
1. June 1992 - December 1992, student, Aircraft/Munitions Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute Air Force Base, Ill.
2. January 1993 - February 1996, various maintenance positions culminating as Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 79th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
3. March 1996 - September 1996, Assistant Squadron Maintenance Officer, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, UK
4. September 1996 - September 1997, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, Third Air Force, RAF Mildenhall, UK
5. October 1997 - July 1998, Munitions Flight Commander, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, UK
6. July 1998 - May 2000, Air Force Intern Program, with duties in the Office of the Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) and the EAF Implementation Division, Deputy Chief of Staff Air and Space Operations, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
7. June 2000 - June 2001, Munitions Flight Commander, 8th Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
8. June 2001 - March 2003, Chief, Operations Division, Specialized Management Directorate, and Chief, F-16 Branch, Maintenance Directorate, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
9. April 2003 - June 2005, Commander, 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
10. July 2005 - June 2006, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
11. June 2006 - July 2008, Chief, AFMC Commander's Action Group, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
12. August 2008 - June 2009, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2009 - May 2010, Logistics Panel Chair, Deputy Chief of Staff Installations, Logistics and Mission Support, Headquarters United States Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
14. June 2010 - June 2011, Commander, 379th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, Al Udeid Air Base
15. July 2011 - December 2011, Vice Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
16. December 2011 - July 2013, Commander, 377th Air Base Wing, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
17. July 2013 - April 2015, Vice Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
18. May 2015 - July 2016, Senior Special Assistant to the Commander, US European Command and Supreme Allied Commander Europe, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Belgium
19. August 2016 - Present, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 2015 - July 2016, Senior Special Assistant to the Commander, U.S. European Command and Supreme Al-lied Commander Europe, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Belgium as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Korea Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, May 27, 1992
First Lieutenant, May 27, 1994
Captain, May 27, 1996
Major, Nov. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel, Dec. 1, 2006
Colonel, Oct. 1, 2010
Brigadier General, Aug. 7, 2016
(Current as of August 2016)