HomeNewsArticle Display

AF offers new 2-year degree program for civilians

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas (AFNS) -- The Air Force is expanding development opportunities for the civilian workforce by offering an associate degree at little to no cost.

Graduates of the online program will be awarded an Associate of Applied Science in Air Force leadership and management studies. The 60-credit hour program is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.

“We continue to value education as a force multiplier, and this degree will assist civilians in their academic journey,” said Russell Frasz, the Force Development at Headquarters Air Force director. “This new program will open the pathway toward a bachelor's degree and create more opportunities to attend higher levels of developmental education.”

Full-time, permanent appropriated fund employees in any grade who do not currently possess an associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university can apply. Enrollees must have an acceptable performance appraisal rating, two years of federal civilian service by the application deadline and a high school diploma (GED or equivalent). Bargaining unit employees should ensure “impact and implementation” has been completed at their location. Local base civilian personnel sections can provide more information.

Applicants can submit their package through myPers under Civilian Force Development from March 1 to May 1. The first term begins March 2018 and will include a maximum of 90 enrollees. Selections will be announced no later than November 2017.

“Providing our civilian workforce with opportunities to further their education is important so that they can acquire the skills along with the experience to grow into future leaders,” said Loretta Brown, the Air Force Personnel Center civilian leadership development program administrator. “This is a great opportunity for Air Force civilians to reach their full potential through an easily accessible degree.”

For more information on the program, select “Any” from the dropdown menu on myPers and search “Associate Degree.” Individuals who do not have a myPers account can request one by following these instructions.


Facebook Twitter
RT @HollomanAFB: “Knowing that we are supporting our own has pushed the talented members of #BEARBase so much that they were able to have t…
RT @USAF_ACC: Multiple major commands are helping out @TeamTyndall! Airmen from the 823rd Red Horse Squadron, @Hurlburt_Field, & the 635th…
#Airmen taking care of #Airmen: Read how #Georgia @AirNatlGuard personnel have assisted in #HurricaneMichael recove… https://t.co/ts49L2JnYh
In the aftermath of #HurricaneMichael, medical #Airmen from #MoodyAFB, #Georgia, set up a temporary medical facilit… https://t.co/AFckxxsOxG
RT @USSOCOM: .@USAFSpecTactics were #FirstThere the day after #HurricaneMichael devastated parts of Florida. Within an hour of landing at @…
In the aftermath of #HurricaneMichael, we're using a Raven #UAV to survey damage @TeamTyndall. The Raven, which has… https://t.co/88G4nBcaJD
As the #AirForce mourns the loss of Lt. Col. Seth "Jethro" Nehring, we send our deepest condolences and sympathies… https://t.co/Vpwt89sMp0
.@116ACW #Airmen have established communications for emergency services in Miller County, Ga., following… https://t.co/8mMny2vBR2
RT @BloombergTV: U.S. Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson is making her case for billions in funding that she says her service will need to…
#ICMYI: The #AtlasV successfully launched @45thSpaceWing carrying the @LockheedMartin #AEHF payload into orbit. War… https://t.co/SwJjApUn1T
It's been a week since #HurricaneMichael hit the #Florida panhandle and @TeamTyndall. Witness how #Airmen from sist… https://t.co/oMLU4NY3Uk
RT @NASA: Hear from @AstroHague as he answers your questions for the first time since his trip to @Space_Station was aborted last Thursday.…
#Airmen & families are entering @TeamTyndall to inspect living facilities & collect their belongings. All other are… https://t.co/Q5DrLeCCSR
RT @TeamTyndall: Chaplains, mental health experts, first sergeants, and other support agencies are preparing to receive Airmen returning to…
RT @HQUSAFEPA: "This is a sad day for the US & Ukraine. Our deepest condolences go out to the family, friends & fellow Airmen of both the U…
The #AirForce director of civil engineering praised #Airmen & our joint partners on their collaborative work during… https://t.co/nSQE09xwfZ