JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, Va. (AFNS) --
The Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force is scheduled to play video games with three Airmen from Air Combat Command from 2 to 4 p.m. EDT Oct. 23 on the ACC Public Affairs YouTube channel--ACCNewsTV.
Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Kaleth O. Wright will play a football video game with three Airmen on this live-stream platform to discuss how Airmen can influence each other and develop a resilient organizational culture. The ACC Airmen will be chosen through a video contest that ends on Oct. 11.
“This stream has two purposes,” said Michelle Clougher, the ACC public affairs chief of command information. “One, we get to see exactly how far one person’s character can reach and how each Airman has tremendous influence in today’s Air Force. And two, this is a really great chance to hear from senior Air Force leadership on what we can do to take care of each other, look each other in the eye and make sure we are all okay.”
Viewers may watch the stream and ask questions by visiting https://www.youtube.com/user/ACCNEWSTV. Those who are not able to watch the video live will be able to view the video at a later date on the link above and on https://www.dvidshub.net/unit/ACCPA.
The three Airmen who will engage with Wright will be determined using the event rules outlined below.
1. Airmen must be assigned to an ACC unit and be in the grades of E-1 through E-6 to participate.
2. Candidates must submit a video explaining how Wright has positively impacted them or influenced them to be better versions of themselves. Creative liberty may be taken.
3. The video must be 30 seconds or less and be filmed on a cell phone. The member must be in uniform, and it can be filmed at any location, pending operational security concerns. The video must be submitted through the Air Combat Command Facebook page messenger app.
4. The video must be submitted with the following information: member’s name, rank, unit, duty location and the contact information for the member’s supervisor.
5. The video submission window is open from Sept. 16-25.
6. The ACC Public Affairs staff will narrow down the submissions to the top 10 Airmen. On Oct. 4, those Airmen’s videos will be posted to an album on the ACC Facebook page. The Facebook community can then vote by clicking “like” on their favorite video until Oct. 11.
7. The three Airmen with the highest votes will be selected to travel to Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia, in October, as a temporary duty at no cost to the owning unit. Details of the travel will be arranged after the Airmen are selected.