USAF Graphic

Frequently Asked Questions


Do you have a list of military lodging available in the U.S. and overseas?

Visit AF Crossroads.

How can I subscribe to military magazines?

Official military magazines:

Airpower & Space Power Journal
New Orders
Superintendent of Documents
P.O. Box 371954
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954

Where can I obtain military memorabilia such as patches, uniform items, mugs, etc?

The Air Force can't provide official uniform items, but several private companies exist to meet your needs.  Use you Internet browser's search engine to find the appropriate one.

How do I go about getting government surplus equipment?

You need to contact the Defense Logistics Agency's Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service. Their website has information for the general public. 

The headquarters for DLA Disposition Services is located in the Hart-Dole-Inouye Federal Center in Battle Creek, MI. Additional sites are located around the world.

How can I obtain information on the Thunderbirds?

Visit their website for information and performance schedules.

The Thunderbirds address is:

USAF Air Demonstration Squadron
Box 9733
Nellis AFB, NV 89191

Where can I obtain more information about TRICARE, the military healthcare system?

Visit the Department of Defense TRICARE website.

Where can I find information about veterans' benefits online?

Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Got Questions?

Our Questions list is designed to answer most recurring questions. If you have a question not covered by the scope of these frequently asked questions please visit the Contact Us page. Due to the volume of electronic mail comments and suggestions, we are unable to respond to each submission.

If you have a general military question, please refer to the Department of Defense Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question relates specifically to the Air Force, please see the topic below.

If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by contacting an Air Force base near you using the Department of Defense Sites page or our AF Installation Public Affairs Directory.